Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 and linux

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all! i have got on my laptop linux-based os(archlinux x86_64 linux kernel 3.6.10-1). several days ago i bought rmx2 controller, but i can`t use my soundcard. it is detected by the system, but i can`t control and configure it. it seems either there is no valid driver in system kernel for this audio chip, or there is no valid configuration for alsa sound system about controller`s soundcard. the main problem is connected that i don`t know what audio chip is used in rmx2 and what module for kernel to use. does anybody have any information about such problem and ideas how to resolve it? does anybody know where i can get driver for soundcard(not for midi device, so it works well)? p.s. hdjmod linux driver(kernel module) is not suitable for this device. i`m going to use the device with mixxx 1.11(from source) software.

Topic starter

I think there isnt a version for linux , check the box becouse i think theres only a version for windows and Mac

Topic starter

RMX2`s  midi device is supported well by Linux kernel as any device that works using MIDI protocol. RMX2 sound card is detected, fine described by UDEV system inside the OS, but it is not driven by ALSA software. This problem was resolved for RMX1, by adding several lines in ALSA driver configuration file. Really, linux-based OSes are not officially supported by Hercules, but this problem was resolved in linux community: for example, my previous controller DJ Control MP3 E2 is not MIDI device, it works using Bulk protocol,  it is supported by linux kernel as a bulk device, but there were no ideas how to make it work with Mixxx software, there were no mapping and work kernel module(driver) that makes conversion from bulk messages to midi commands. And once one of the developers from Mixxx Development Team created special convertion script for it and incuded it into one of the Mixxx`s development branches(source code) and suggested some E2 owners(including me) to test it... and.. it worked great, without any  conversion module(driver) for kernel(the first such module "hdj_mod"  was released long time ago by Hercules, but soon it became out of date and didn`t work with new versions of Linux Kernel, begining from the version 3.x.x, but I read somewhere that it works in Ubuntu Studio now, but I think this way is out of date and soon will work, too).

Hello Alex,

I have just sent you an invitation. Please accept it so that I transfer you the information on the controller sound card.

Hello Alex,

I have received your answer to my invitation and transfered you the information on the sound card in the message system.