windows 7, virtual ...

Notifications
Clear all

windows 7, virtual dj pro 6.1 and hercules rmx (stuttering sound)

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys this is ma first posting here...my name is dre and i dj at st. louis, usa. i got a sony vaio 4gb and 500gb of hdd, vdj 6.1 pro, and of course the hercules rmx. i can pretty much set my performance any where and it plays. my problem is that sometimes im playing music and it just starts stuttering when i load a new song...the song will refuse to move forward..itll just be stuttering and i have to quickly remove it and sometimes reloading it works, at other times it does not work..ill change the song which may at times also stutter.....please i think i need help on the best and most stable setting.
i am set on the asio...10ms
unchecked safety and overclock modes
latency on auto (performance tab of vdj)
.....i really dont know wat to do again...please help.....its not great when ur mind is not free while mixing at a club or party...thank u boss.
dj dre.

3 Answers

Many things that you can do:

1) Start by applying the changes explained in this guide:

2) Once these changes have been applied, you can also raise or lower the ASIO Buffer Size (ONE STEP AT A TIME!), then use VDJ for a while and pay attention if the problem is still present. if needed, repeat until you find the correct setting for your computer.

3 Answers
Topic starter

I prefere using my DJ RMX in WDM mode, this way I have no stuttering issues. In VirtualDJ Config/Audio Config tab I select 4.1 soundcard and Hercules DJ RMX in the right handside dropdown menu. (Sometimes it works better with Primary Audio Driver instead of Hercules DJ RMX selected over there).

Peace,
Emanuel

3 Answers

@ Emanuelsj

WDM can be good if you are only using internal playback of audio files, but if you intend to use external sources like turntables and CDJs and timecode, you will necessarily need to use ASIO.

3 Answers
Topic starter

many things that you can do:

1) start by applying the changes explained in this guide:

2) once these changes have been applied, you can also raise or lower the asio buffer size (one step at a time!), then use vdj for a while and pay attention if the problem is still present. if needed, repeat until you find the correct setting for your computer.

Topic starter

i prefere using my dj rmx in wdm mode, this way i have no stuttering issues. in virtualdj config/audio config tab i select 4.1 soundcard and hercules dj rmx in the right handside dropdown menu. (sometimes it works better with primary audio driver instead of hercules dj rmx selected over there).

peace,
emanuel

Topic starter

@ emanuelsj

wdm can be good if you are only using internal playback of audio files, but if you intend to use external sources like turntables and cdjs and timecode, you will necessarily need to use asio.