Notifications
Clear all

beat lock

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good morning campers,
can anyone please advise,i?ve the hercules mk2 usb,and have had it and mixed with it to good effect from new the year before last,however the beat lock never seems to really work,it just will not lock on.if i need to match bpms i use the pitch or right click on my lap top when using in conjuction with vdj pro 6.1. the one that came free with this does?nt cut the mustard.

maybe from day one i?ve not used beat lock correctly,perhaps you can tell me,i sync the second decks bpm to the one playing,line up the bpms on start,then press beat lock,it then just goes out of sync,it would be nice to have beat lock working as i could fade, with the vol slider while mixing more
effectively.

this is holding me back from upgrading.

the product is very good,and even without beat lock the mixes are quite professional.

thank you.

Topic starter

Hi there.

Check the manual for the unit first of all to properly undestand  how the beat lock works. This function should work if you are using the device with the Virtual DJ program that came with the unit:

After synchronizing the songs you can use the two Beat Lock buttons to lock down the beat.

If they are not working try using a program like the MIDI Monitor or MIDI OX (depending on the platform that you are using, MAC or PC) to verify if those two buttons are still working, still sending a signal when you press them.