RECHERCHER

THÈMES >FORUM UK/US> GENERAL DISCUSSION > [CLOSED] Has someone open a RMX?
revenir aux sujets RÉPONDRE

[CLOSED] Has someone open a RMX?

DJ Ckish

4 Messages
Posté le 12/13/08 à 19:15:21
Mexico
  • DJ Console MK2
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Traktor®
hi everybody :)
i want to know if someone has opened a rmx, and if he/she has a manual or photos or something like that, because i want to open my console rmx, because a LED has no light no more, the LED from the right CUE buton and i want to repair or to see whats the problem (and is not a MIDI output problem).
i hope someone can help me :D

cheers

Jimmy B

250 Messages
Posté le 12/13/08 à 19:58:12
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Why do you want to repair it yourself? I wouldn't start messing around with the unit, it may mess the warrenty up.

I would get in contact with Hercules and ask them to take a look at it. The Unit is still under warrenty so the repair, or replacement will be free to you.

• MixVibes Forum Moderator and Beta Tester

DJ Ckish

4 Messages
Posté le 02/01/09 à 00:29:44
Mexico
  • DJ Console MK2
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Traktor®

you're right Jimmy B, but...
when I use to work with the mk2, I got some troubles too, and I contact the Hercules support team (in Spain) via e-mail and I wrote that I have some issues and that I want to repair by myself the mk2 and I will take all the responsibilities, and they send me a manual via email how to open the mk2, and so I fixed the issue that I have.
I'm live in Mexico City and to ship back to the factory it will cost money to ship to the US and too wait until I received back... i can't live without my rmx hahaha LOL.

And I ask if someone has open because I found this picture,
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachment.php?s=9177fcaf3c15c 27336574e532697e9a9&attachmentid=9258&d=1207616135

to repair that is not so hard but i want to know who has try to do this, because i don't want to broke all my rmx jejeje LOL and i have seen another topic related to this
cheers.

BIGBEAN4ACTION

10 Messages
Posté le 02/06/09 à 22:49:17
Post signalé aux modérateurs
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ®
hey ckish, doesent it just hurt when your fave toys arent around to play with,i had to wait over a week for my fatman itube to reutrn home after a fault, but guess what...they sent me a new 1, wahey!!!

i think having the kill switches lit up on the rmx to remind you which ones are active would be helpful too or am i just too much of an amateur.

delis47

4 Messages
Posté le 09/18/09 à 19:34:28
USA
I understand that you can open a console (any console) to replace a potentiometer or something but not a LED since that's integrated in the electrical board.

My opinion, just test the RMX on another PC/MAC with the delivered software and if the problem persist, exchange you console to your retailer.

Made In Breizh

1147 Messages
Posté le 09/21/09 à 18:41:45
Post signalé aux modérateurs
France
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • DJay Pro®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Hello DJ Ckish,

What is very important when you open the DJ Console Rmx is to remove the front feet, since the 2 front feet hide 2 screws which attach the aluminium plate on the black steel basis.
I think you don't need to remove, on the top panel, the 2 screws around the crossfader, and the 2 screws over the kill buttons, but I would not swear it (I remember there are 2 or 4 screws which are not necesary to remove but a pain to fix agian since the nuts which they hold go inside the Rmx casing (and may cause shortcuts  if they travel on the printed circuit board  in use: never let a metal part moving inside the Rmx).
Once you have removed the screws on top, left, right, rear and bottom sides, you can separate the steel black basis and the aluminium grey top, and you get the Rmx open as on the photo you found on Native forum.
Afterwards, you just need to remove the caps of the rotary buttons and faders, and remove the inner screws attaching the printed circuit boards, to disassemble your Rmx and access to the board where the LEDs are located.

The blue LEDs are surface mounted LEDs with a 0805 package and 0.8mm depth, the luminous intensity is 65mcd for an intensity of 0.002A (or 20mA), and the ultra blue color of the LED has a 570nm wavelength.

Charlie Wilson

9 Messages
Posté le 06/04/10 à 15:57:35
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ®
Been there done that, and would have to advise against doing it.

very tricky to do and you have to bend the steel face plate.

nlan

2 Messages
Posté le 02/25/14 à 17:52:13
Greece
Sorry to wake up this old thread, just wondering if anyone can tell me what does the component Q1 look like, on the main PCB of the console. It's badly burned on mine, I know it's a transistor and the first digit on it is "3". The rest of the digits are burned.. Should be a 3-digit code. Thanks

Maxdjack

2307 Messages
Posté le 02/26/14 à 16:51:33
Canada
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • DJay Pro®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Hello,

I suppose it is the mosfet, the figure on it being 314, the complete reference is ZXMN3A14FT.
As the mosfet role is to protect the power supply input, its being burn probably means there was a power issue, as an electric discharge.
If you are lucky, the mosfet may be the only part burnt, and changing it would repair the controller, but it is worth checking on the components after this component are OK, since if they are also burnt, the USB controller chipset may be burnt also, and then it would be useless to change the mosfet.

More on Hercules DJ Mix Room:
https://www.facebook.com/HerculesDJMixRoom/
https://twitter.com/HerculesDjMix
https://www.instagram.com/hercules_djmixroom/  

nlan

2 Messages
Posté le 02/26/14 à 22:24:14
Greece
Thanks a lot!

cisajo

2 Messages
Posté le 02/14/18 à 15:36:16
Germany
Another excavation Innocent
My RMX console had a defective contact at the cue/mix knob which would jack up the signal into the headphones, really painful and leaving the console unusable. So I figuered I could just take off the silver metal plate on top and put the contact back in order.
This was the only thread I found about disassembling the RMX at all, but despite 'Made In Breizh's post which is quite informative, I didn't succeed.
I got rid of the black metal back plate - the silver front plate just won't come off. I removed all the screws just like he/she said (and the ones with the nut, which I managed to fish out) - although I don't remember revealing any screws hidden by the front feet, I removed them, as well as the back feet. The silver plate seems to be stuck in the middle and upper middle of the console as if there still were some screws holding it in place. I removed the audio in/output PCB to test if there are screws beneath that are the culprits but it's not them. So before I go ahead and remove the other curcuit boards (or like the whole thing) I was hoping you could tell me if it's necessary or if I'm missing something obvious here...
I also wasn't able to remove the rotary knobs. I don't want to brake something. Is it even possible or "intended" to just pull them out? The fader caps did give in after applying some force, but the knobs don't feel like they will.
Hope you can help me, would be much appreciated.
Best regards.