Notifications
Clear all

wav file issues

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,
i am having some issues regarding my recorded mixes.
they are not fully recording they are truncated and chopped off.
this drives me nuts as i have a big gig coming up that needs a long recording.
the wav file used to be able to convert to mp3 easily on audacity now it doesnt.
i did an online converter job and it worked but i am always worried about those things putting viruses on your computer.
i couldnt find a help contact number which sucks.
urgent help needed!
j kurv

Hello J Kurv,

1) Which DJ software do you use to record your mix (which version of which DJ software)
2) in which format do you record
3) Are you in Windows or in macOS?
In case the software you use is DJuced and you use a Hercules DJ controller, then you can contact technical support
- either in posting a message on its contact box  on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/
- or you can call the number you with in the list of the phone numbers: from the UK the number is 02031474889 and you can call until  21:00 at 02031474889.

Topic starter

Thank You So much!
Priceless feedback
J Kurv

Topic starter

answers:
1) Virtual DJ LE
2)It only allows me WAV unless there is a way to Mp3 it
3)Windows 

Hello J Kurv,

There are several versions of VirtualDJ LE: please let me know the version of VirtualDJ LE and the DJ controller so that I test it on my side.
Please alos precise your version of Windows.

Topic starter

Hello there,
the Version of VirtualDJ LE is 7.
I called the helpline and  Rafael advised me to download the new Drivers 2019 HDJS 1.
It automatically uninstalled the old drivers which have now vanished.
Then it went through the installation process and got stuck in two areas.
1)asking for a Cd
2)Not Detecting Hercules 4-MX
I was going round in circles for an hour and a half unsuccessfully.
So now it is the weekend I cant call the helpline,I cant mix anything because old drivers have gone,the new drivers cant install properly and .....I need several mixes down for a Big Gigging Week.
Please Help as I have a lot riding on this.
J Kurv 

Hello J Kurv,

1) The driver installation pack 2019_HDJS_1 does not ask for a CD-ROM, installation on CD-ROMs had disappeared long before 2019, so
- either the message does not ask for a CD, but something else, so please precise the complete message you get.
- or it is not a message from the old CD installer or from VirtualDJ 7 LE installer from DJConsole 4-Mx installation CD.

2) Please confirm you have ran 2019_HDJS_1.exe
- you had to run it twice, once to uninstall the old drivers, once to install the new drivers,
- this file 2019_HDJS_1.exe size is 75 927 216 Bytes,
- and that when Windows asks whether you accept to run the file from Internet, you must accept it.
If the installer file has another size (75 927 216 Bytes = 74 148 kB), please download it again.

3) Please precise the version of Windows you use, for example Windows 10 64-bit version 18362. 
In case it is Windows 10, here is a description of how to get the Windows version
https://www.simplehow.tips/a/44/how-to-view-system-information-on-windows10

For example, this system information

tells the system in Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit ("System Type: x64-based PC" means it is a 64-bit OS), version 10240.

Topic starter

To convert WAV to MP3, you might as well try Joyoshare Media Cutter if Audacity doesn't work well. Such a program is an all-in-one video editor that can convert all audio and video files to other formats and devices at 60X speed without quality loss. It is not totally free, but it offers the opportunity to use for free.