Notifications
Clear all

traktor pro + console rmx - playback pausing problem

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everybody!

some time ago i bought dj console rmx and the whole setup with midi mappings and stuff went quite easy, but then i encountered serious problem which i am not able to solve since months.

basically all the controls work fine (traktor gets connected to console through asio), but while mixing, the output signal quite often stalls/pauses for some tenths of second and this sounds very unproffesional (just imagine to perform on any kind of party and your music pauses every minute or so). this particularly happens while browsing catalogues in search of next mp3 to load or while loading new mp3 to the second deck.

i tried to play with all the things that can be setup there in the dj control panel program, like sample size, sample rate and asio buffer, but nothing really helps to get rid of a problem.

the problem also appears when using console with provided virtual dj. on the other hand, i can use traktor with my laptop-build in sound card only, and then it works perfectly, without any pauses. so for me it looks like the console slows down my system somehow and unables smooth playback.

as i understand my laptop has sufficient power for both traktor and console rmx (upgraded asus a6km: amd turion 1,8 ghz, 2gb ram ddr 333mhz, 250 gb hdd ata 5400 rpm with winxp pro sp2, traktor pro 1.0.1, hercules console rmx drivers from dec 08).

please, help! im really desperate by now! i cannot play my mixes at any gig because of this problem!

looking forward to your replies,
bart

3 Answers

There are obvioulsy a lot of differences between using your onboard soundcard and the Rmx. First, it is connected through USB, which works quite well, but if other devices are sharing the same ressources and power ( an external drivers for example), then glitches may occur, specially if data is being read/tranfered from the hard drive at the same time.

ASIO, in order to provide fast multichannel input and output, also requires more ressources than WDM, which only works in stereo.  

However, since your system seems powerful enough, I think the problem might be related to little things that needs to be tweaked.

This document explains various modifications that can be applied to your computer and Windows to improved performances when using audio applications: 

See if these little secrets bring positive changes.

Also know that Traktor Pro has been updated updated to version 1.02

3 Answers
Topic starter

Well, it seems it have worked. I applied almost all changes tomy system that were in this document, but also when I am still connected to the net, have bluetooth on, as well as firewall and antivirus and nice-looking Xp-style windows, the playback is fine. So other changes, at least in my case, must do the job.

Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me out!

bart

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello.

I only have this problems to the traktor pro with online in msn .. all programs off worked very nice !

3 Answers
Topic starter

there are obvioulsy a lot of differences between using your onboard soundcard and the rmx. first, it is connected through usb, which works quite well, but if other devices are sharing the same ressources and power ( an external drivers for example), then glitches may occur, specially if data is being read/tranfered from the hard drive at the same time.

asio, in order to provide fast multichannel input and output, also requires more ressources than wdm, which only works in stereo.  

however, since your system seems powerful enough, i think the problem might be related to little things that needs to be tweaked.

this document explains various modifications that can be applied to your computer and windows to improved performances when using audio applications: 

see if these little secrets bring positive changes.

also know that traktor pro has been updated updated to version 1.02

Topic starter

well, it seems it have worked. i applied almost all changes tomy system that were in this document, but also when i am still connected to the net, have bluetooth on, as well as firewall and antivirus and nice-looking xp-style windows, the playback is fine. so other changes, at least in my case, must do the job.

anyway, thanks a lot for helping me out!

bart

Topic starter

hello.

i only have this problems to the traktor pro with online in msn .. all programs off worked very nice !