Notifications
Clear all

hercules 500 volume issue

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys

i have an issue where the recorded volume is going up or down very slightly at random when listening back to the recoreded set. ive tried recording to a wav file straight from djuced and also with audacity, but with same issue. the same issue happens when recorded from serato too. is there any obvious things that i can check ? 

my setup is - the controller plugged into a usb 3.0 port on my amd64 quad core pc with 8gb ram. i have the sound coming out of the pc speakers and headphones into the controller. everything seems to be functioning correctly whilst mixing, so just issues with when recorded. thanks

Hello Mitz,

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest 4 actions:

1) Disable the AutoGain in Djuced

2) Record in WAV on the main hard drive, not in a compressed format 

3) Close any background task: as recording is more CPU/bandwidth intensive than playback, it may be disturbed by limits of CPU/hard disk bandwidth whose impact is less noticeable when mixing.

4) Try connecting a USB hub with its own power adapter between the computer and DJControl Inpulse 500, in case what you hear comes from variations of USB bus power,

PS: please complete your profile with technical information in My Space > My Profile

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", check DJControl Inpulse 500
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software: Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU: AMD64 Quad Core + speed
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Type of USB port (USB 3 type A or USB C, please precise how you connect (directly via a hub, via a USB-C -> USB A adapter...)  
  • Environment (ex: Windows 10 64-bit build 2004)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.2)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020.HDJS.1)

Topic starter

Awesome, I will check those you mentioned this weekend and let you know how I get on. Much appreciated Smile

Topic starter

It seems switching off auto gain has done the trick, thanks mate Cool

You are welcome. 👍
I did not know Djuced 5 still worked well in Windows 7 as its minimum requirement is now Windows 10.