|Image Line has just announced the release release of Deckadance 1.8 for Windows and Mac OS
Deckadance 1.8 supports, on Windows and Mac OS:
- Hercules DJ Control MP3 E2
- Hercules DJ Control Steel
- Hercules DJ Console RMX
- Hercules DJ Console MK2
- Hercules DJ Console MK4
- Hercules DJ Control MP3
- Hercules DeeJay TRIM 4&6.
The big news lay in the new Song Manager:
- Manage 50.000+ in your music collection without slow downs using a open format database (sqlite).
- SM categorizes music files in your computer making them accessible through numerous search/sort features.
- Importing tracks into Song Manager doesn't copy music files.
- Simple search and advanced search via subsets of metadata fields (filters).
- Create playlist to organize effectively your tracks. Sort, re- order, reset original state, export to html/m3u and more.
- Create smart playlist that auto-update based on 'rules'. e.g.: "top 25 most played dance genre songs with bpm between 120 and 140".
- Fully customizable layouts: hide/show, re-arrange, (auto) resize of the metadata view columns.
- Edit track tags/metadata (title, artist, name... etc.) via inline editing.
- Cover art (resizable) display.
- Supported formats: mp3, acc (m4a), wav, aiff, wma, flac and ogg.
- Cross platform (win/mac) with full drag/drop external support.
Other changes & additions
- New Recording engine with threaded streaming to disk.
- Added supported controllers (Hercules DJ Console MK4 & American Audio VMS4)
- Added SNAP to the closest beat in the waveform for loops, cues, waveform seek and start position.
- Added DVS run-out protection with auto engage and visual feedback.
- Added Lead In function in DVS section.
- Improved DVS behaviour for large audio buffer sizes.
- Incremented to 30 seconds the minimum playing time to mark a song like played.
- Added right click over played state to reset it.
- Removed clear played state of tracks when automix is enabled.
- Updated minihost look and added song manager start button.
- Added downbeat and start position keyboard shortcuts:
> DECK A->Downbeat: "ctrl+t", Start Position: "ctrl+y".
> DECK B->Downbeat: "ctrl+g", Start Position: "ctrl+h".
- Added "key slider" and "key slider inverted" to the midi learn commands.
- Incremented decks buffer size to 15 minutes.