in need of decent d...

Notifications
Clear all

in need of decent dj software... please

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hmm... i do not really know where to begin. ive been fooling around with mixing and spinning for the past several years. i started off old school-analog. yup, 2 turntables and a microphone. back then i was young and really had no clue of what i was doing. i got a deal on 2 decent technics, a mixer, a reciever, and some speakers! needless to say when i got home i was hyped so i got everything set up put on a couple of records and tried my first scratch! eraehhshhawhhshhipit! it sounded like complete crap! the harder i tried the crapier it sounded. so i did a little research and came to discover that i did not own scratchable tables, needles, pads, or anything that would get me going in the right direction to any scratching at all. i did find out that if i wanted to scratch and be good at it i would have to spend some serious cash on good gear! being only 17 at the time i quickly gave that up, but i never stoped dreaming about it. im a drummer, been playin the drums for 20 years (im 35) so i know ive got the rythem and the hand chordination to be a hella dj! over the years as djing became more techinacal and i became smarter, i rented a couple of controllers, and samplers here and there. even learned how to play a little piano... which has helped me alot by the way! a couple years back i bought me a vestax vci-300, to hook up to my nice laptop. virtual dj was my software of choice and it was freakin great! i tought my self all kinds of stuff by watchin tutorials on youtube and doin a lot of practice. one night i was gigin this party at a friends house and when i was past out drunk on my buddies couch, some asshole stole all of my shit! my laptop, controller, external soundcard, sampler, headphones, cables, everything. that was it, i havent messed with it since then until now. man how the game has progressed just within the past 3 years! i did a lot of readin and figured i would start out small and maybe get serious about it the better i got, so i bought the hercules dj control air. hercules is a good well respected company in the game so i figured for $169 it was a decent buy. i know it is by no means on a professional level, but i didnt want professional level gear. i just wanted to start off a little small and work myself up. uhhh... i have to say i am very, very disapointed with the product. i am sure it is the software that is lackin... the controller seems fine, its not the best i know, but the software is a major disapointment. the scratching is horrible... completely horrible. it sounds nothing at all like vinyl. it seems the developers wanted to make it look like virtual dj, and they did a good job at that, but it is not at all user friendly. i guess im so used to virtual dj that i am kinda biased twards it. the djuiced samples also sound cheap, but i can fix all of that with good software. where can i get good software for this controller. i know with better software i can push this controller to its limit... djuiced dosent even have a faser for the air control function wtf... that seems the best fit for the air control function is a faser! please help, if i cant get better software that links right up to this controller im gonna have to wrap it back up and send it back to amazon, and i dont want to do that. like i said, i know hercules has a good rep, maybe they just wanted to get some software out there real quick to get people started or intrested in djing, but if i were to be just starting out green, this software and its sound quality would have me pulling my hair out. if i didnt know what this controller was capaple of with decent software i would have kicked it into the other room and scratched my head in dismay wondering how any dj puts out good mixes using midi controllers... again, thats if i did not know what midi controllers are capable of. please someone point me in the right direction. i know virtual dj is good but i tried that and i cant get it to work. do i gotta middi map the whole damn thing or is there a better program out there than vdj, if there is please help. im very open minded and always willing to try something new. i dont know though, vdj is pretty damn cool and easy to use, but if there is something better, im definately down. cause anything better than vdj has to be pretty damn impressive!

Topic starter

Hello,

You can download a MIDI map of DJ Control Air for VirtualDJ Pro from Hercules Tech Support Area here.
Do you try Djuced 18 1.0.64 (which can be downloaded on Djuced website) or an earlier release?

PS : Your message would be easier to read with paragraph breaks from time to time.

Hello Jumbo,

DJ Control Air is compatible with several DJ software as (list not limited):
- Atomix VirtualDJ Pro, with the aforecited preset file,
- Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2, for version over 2.12, with the TSI file you can download here,
- Mixvibes CrossDJ (Map included in the CrossDJ in release 2.3),
- Algoriddim DJay for Mac (map included in DJay in release 4.2),
- Mixxx for Windows (map included in release 1.11).

Your suggestions on how to improve the software Djuced for DJ Control Air will be welcome by Djuced developers, but Djuced 18 release 1.0.64 is not so bad. For example, you suggest adding a phaser, and it can be a cool feature, but Djuced let you control a flanger the Air sensor, which is not a bad fit for the Air control either.

Topic starter

Have a look at MixVibes CrossDJ, as mentioned above it now supports the Hercules DJ Control Air

http://www.mixvibes.com/content/products/crossdj

Free version of CrossDJ (to try before you buy) just follow the link on the left hand side of product overview πŸ˜‰

Topic starter

Please treat each other well. Everybody has difficulties that we have to overcome, do not know later but how to live each day happily. Red Ball 5