traktor pro - midi ...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor pro - midi profiles are online!

67 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

thanks to dj cioce and all his hard work, the midi profiles for traktor pro are now available for download from the technical support site, and directly from these links:

dj control steel :

ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/tp_dj_stl.zip

dj console rmx:

ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/tp_dj_rmx.zip

33 Answers
Topic starter

And thanks to you Phatso for the manuals! Fico

Ps. In the RMX manual @ page 5 please correct "A- Dry/Wet Chained (FX Unit 1)" to "A- Dry/Wet Chained (FX Unit 2)"

33 Answers
Topic starter

thannnkkkssss!!!!    it´s great, thanks again cioce good job.........;)

33 Answers
Topic starter

The links appear to be down (at least for me) for these files??

Does anyone have an update or and mirror for the files?

Thanks in advance.

33 Answers

Hello number9andy,

The links works OK for me.
Retry again, maybe all the connection slots were busy when you have tried to connect on the ftp.
If it doesn't work, try with another browser: at some hours, the ftp link doesn't work when my browser is Opera but the same link works when my browser is Firefox.

33 Answers
Topic starter

Thankyou Maxdjack for your reply. I have since been able to download the file.
The issue was a permissions one with the ftp. 

33 Answers
Topic starter

it´s great, thanks  cioce good job!!!!!!

33 Answers
Topic starter

Works very fine, alot of thanks.
And i have a question, its posible scratch without stop the deck?, like virtualdj, scratching with deck on playing without press any key?

33 Answers
Topic starter

Okay I have the RMX installed and it worked fine with Virtual DJ and I followed the instructions.

But in Traktor Pro my headphones only work if I plug them in to output 1 or 2 in the back (Resulting in only one side working on the headphone). The headphone port just doesn't seem to work and monitor when I want it to.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

33 Answers
Topic starter

Try to read RMX-Traktor_Pro_Config_PC.pdf at page 2, it's a simple wrong audio setup in Traktor  Fico

ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/TDJS/current/TP_DJ_Rmx.zip

33 Answers
Topic starter

Okay I have the RMX installed and it worked fine with Virtual DJ and I followed the instructions.

But in Traktor Pro my headphones only work if I plug them in to output 1 or 2 in the back (Resulting in only one side working on the headphone). The headphone port just doesn't seem to work and monitor when I want it to.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

in the audio option of tpro you need to set monitor to output 3 and 4 that should fix your problem.

33 Answers
Topic starter

Whats about my question?
Its posible do scratch without stop the deck?

33 Answers
Topic starter

Yes thats my problem, too!!

33 Answers

Yes, there is a way to modify the profile so that you don't have to hold the buttons for scatching:

- Go to Preferences >  MIDI Mapping 

- in the list of controls, scroll down until you find Deck Scratch On (you should have 2 of them, one for each decks)

- highlight it, and in the bottom section for  Interaction Mode , change the current setting (Hold) to Toggle.

- Repeat for deck B

And there you have it. Now the button will act like a switch. Press one, the Jog will be in Sctach mode, press again, it will be back in Seek mode.

33 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks, i try it but doesnt work better, the deck stops again and i do a scratch but when you stop, automatly start the song, and i want to do scratch with a playing deck, without stop it, i try other configuration but nothing, any one can help me??
That aspect i definitive to use rmx with traktor pro....

33 Answers

Interesting. it looks like they changed the way the scratch function works in Traktor Pro compared to Traktor 3.

Taking a quick look, I could change the mapping to so that the jog wheel would only do scratch, but you still have to enable it (i.e. pressing another button to turn it On), but it has the same effect as the modification I made you try; it stops the deck.

I have a feeling this might have to do with the fact that they also have another product called Traktor Scratch, which is more intented for this purpose. 

33 Answers
Topic starter

Anyone have a problem with the lights not coming on the Hercules RMX Console when its plugged in and Traktor Pro booted up?

The lights come on when I plug the controller into the USB in the first place but don;t light up when Traktor Pro is on.

33 Answers

You did enable both MIDI Input and Output in Traktor , as described in the configuration document included with the profile ?

Remember that the LEDs will only come On if the function is enabled.  

33 Answers
Topic starter

I've few questions... (dunno if that's the real place to post it but let's try anyway)

I used to try Traktor 3 but I didn't like the soft that much, and I kept playing with Virtual DJ... But I am looking for something really pro... And as far as I know, the top dj's playing on computers are all using traktor (Richie Hawtin,...) ... So here are my questions :

1. Is Traktor Pro as compatible with the RMX Console as Virtual DJ is ?

2. Is it the same interface than in Traktor 3 ?

3. Is it easy to find effects and so on for Traktor 3 ? (this kind of effects, as example :

)

4. How's the file management system on Traktor ? As fast as the VDJ search engine ?

I never heard any techno/acid/minimal DJ's playing with VDJ, they are all using Traktor (even if most of them are playing on technics, that sounds better :D), and that's why I am wondering if I should buy it or not... (I'll upgrade VDJ to pro version or buy traktor pro)

Thanks for your advices 😉

33 Answers
Topic starter

Do you have the Tracktor pro mapping for the MK2  ?

33 Answers
Topic starter

VDJ is a piece of  toyware with GUI made by kid and ridiculous high CPU use but some people like it and use it. Traktor is not the only serious software, there is Serato and Ableton too.
Traktor Pro is much better then 3, simpler, faster, clearer and excellent FXs.
I use it with Steel but it is not much different with RMX. I used the template from here as starter then changed a lot to my liking and there is still much more potential, I keep adding various functions. Have MPD32, Novation SL and Faderfoxes but for Traktor Hercules Steel works the best for me.
I never use mouse, do everything with HHercules.
I use Ableton Live too but for traditional DJing Traktor- main reason file managemnent which is superb.
@ other poster the MK2 is included in default templates

33 Answers

Li000,

The best way to know if Traktor Pro is for you to to give the demo a test run, but to answer your questions:

1- The MIDI configuration in Traktor has been improved since version 3, and a lot of possibilities have been added. As for the Rmx support, we provide a profile with the basic functionnalities, but you can obviously modify it to your needs ( the manual is very complete in that regard) .

2- They've reworked the interface, and there are ways to display the different areas depending on your needs. Unlike VDJ, no skins are possible here, but that's a good thing.

3- Traktor Pro comes with an impressive list of FX, lots of them new or developped for other Native Instruments softwares ( so you can be sure they all sound GOOD!), which you can also apply to external sources now.

Not sure which fx you were refering to in the example...lots of stuff happenning in there....

4- File management is rock solid and yes, fast.     

33 Answers
Topic starter

okay, I am gonna give it a try !

EDIT : this new traktor version is just amazing ! gonna buy the full version !
Can anyone tell me if there is any way to get new effects for traktor ? (like the VDJ's flippin double, cut, ....) ?

33 Answers

Unless something changes ( but I doubt it..), what you see is what you get.  NI never allowed any external developpers to add anything to Traktor, but that a reason why it is so stable.

That being said, since you can combine the FX (as you probably noticed), I'm sure you can obtain results similar to what's available in VDJ.

33 Answers
Topic starter

any word on DJ Console MK2 profiles for traktor pro?

33 Answers
Topic starter

I'm having trouble downloading the file. It just doesn't download for me! I've tried at different times of day using different programs. What's going on? Anyone care to email me the file...I can't get Traktor working otherwise!

33 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks, i try it but doesnt work better, the deck stops again and i do a scratch but when you stop, automatly start the song, and i want to do scratch with a playing deck, without stop it, i try other configuration but nothing, any one can help me??
That aspect i definitive to use rmx with traktor pro....

Same issue with Control Steel.. any solution found yet.. I miss my backspins 🙂

33 Answers

DJQG - A MIDI profile for the MK2 is already included with Traktor Pro:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=5

kingxadjez - There was a problem with the Hercules sites 2 days ago, so try again, it should work now. 

Goonzy - So far it seems to be the way Traktor Pro handles scratch. Again , that might be because they promote Traktor Pro Scratch and try to direct people that way, but they may also incluses changes in upcoming updates. 

33 Answers
Topic starter

Hi there. Sorry to bring up this thread up again, but i've been trying to download the Traktor Pro  midi profile for the RMX for the past 3 or so day now, but no luck. I've sent Hercules email support an email, but no reply so far. Any chance someone could send me the file, or post an external link, as i'm in desperate need for the file by saturday 23rd (2 days).

Thanks in advance.

dublef

33 Answers
Topic starter

Well, they are there they use to be? And works fine to d/l for me?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=5

Good luck!

33 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, trying to set up a steel in traktor but the device isnt appearing in the midi input output preference screen, as if the device wasnt plugged in, has anyone else has similar issues?

33 Answers
Topic starter

Ok important question:
Is it possible with this mapping to alter the Effects-Knob with the Jog wheels, like in Virtual DJ? For example, I activate flanger and then modify the intensity of it with the Jog Wheel. If not, can someone please tell me what needs to be changed in the mapping menu to do so?

Sry, I'm new to this...

Thx and greetings from Switzerland

33 Answers
Topic starter

No one? Please, I hate to control the effects intensity with the mouse.... Need to know how i can assign it to a knob on my rmx console

33 Answers

Explaining the entire procedure to do this would be too long for this forum, but here are a couple you need to know:

- In the profile provided on the support site, the jog wheel is already assigned to multiple tasks, as described in the included document. This is possible because of a function included in Traktor called Modifiers, which basically act as your computer keyboard Shift function, but with much more possibilities.

- In order to make the changes to the MIDI profile, I would highly recommand reading the user manual regarding the MIDI mapping function, then Traktor Bible, which will go deeper in explaining how modifiers actually work and give some precise examples.

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/midiguide.aspx

This might seems like a lot to read, but once you know the inside of the MIDI mapping procedure, you'll be amazed at much possibilities  you can achieve from one controller.   

33 Answers
Topic starter

Need the *.tks file for Traktor DJ Studio 3 + Hercules DJ Console MK4 . Anyone ? Thanks.

33 Answers
Page 1 / 5