Notifications
Clear all

jogvision pitch-fader breaking

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi!
about 4 years im using dj-controller jogvision. but after one party i lost the pitch-fader in a left deck. it doesnt work...cry
i can re-solder pitch-fader by myself, but i dont have new one and dont have information, what type of fader i need to buy.

can anybody help me in resolving of this trouble?

Hello DJ Filin,

The pitch fader is an Alps RS45111C6008

• a 10 kOhms mono slide potentiometer,
  • linear (taper B),
  • 45mm travel,
  • with a 15 mm shaft,
  • and a center detent.

If you cannot find it or a cross compatible version, you may order it from Hercules technical support (here) if Belarus customs do not block this type of components.

Topic starter
Dear Friend!
I'm so grateful to You for your answer, Hercules technical support answered me, too.
Thank you for your help!
Best regards!

Smile

Hello Filin,

You are welcome.
I forgot to add this
- if your pitch fader no longer works and you do not see why, it may be that particles have fallen on the taper (the carton contact inside the pitch fader) you may repair your fader with a vacuum cleaner (or a a blow off duster) in vacuum cleaning or blowing over the taper (you must just avoid touching the taper, as it is fragile).
- If you know why and it is for a mechanical reason for example you bent the pitch fader shaft), indeed, you must change the fader.

Topic starter

Hey Guys I did my own research and found a company that makes the pitch control. I ordered the parts and were the same pin and everthing. The only two things that differ from the original is that the new parts are manufactured without the dent it really doesnt matter cause it works. You have the lines on the controller to show you where your at anyways. The dent just tells you that your in the 0. The other is the lever it is slightly smaller than the original but its ok once you installed it and put it back together, the tabs for the pitch contol do fit very well. Hit me up for the info! I will be making a video on youtube on this very topic! I will be giving out the company name and the link to order them along with the product number. That  Alps RS45111C6008 doesn't exist! i've cheacked already.

Hello,

Your not finding Alps RS45111C6008 does not mean it does not exists, and if you had checked it, you could have found this reference, for example
1) You could also order it to Hercules technical support
2) Korg Electribes MX and SX use this slider, and their internal reference for it is 365X120000,
https://www.partsisparts.net/catalog/korg-pot-10kb-slide
3) Alps write on their website all references are not listed in their website, but 
- if you has sent an inquiry to Alps, they would have told you it exists
- you can see on page 394 of this document ("Super SlideTM (Standard Type) / Ordering Products Not Listed") how references work, and what RS45111C6008 means.

Topic starter

yes I saw the document but the bad thing is they are out of stock or no longer available. There is another model thats the same but the shaft is slightly smaller and no center dent but it works. Mouser electronics part #RS45111A900F.

Hello,

You can order Alps RS45111C6008 from Hercules technical support, they keep components to repair the equipement, but you can also use RS4511A900F.

Y
Topic starter

Hello, I couldnt find the replacement part. However, I was able to desolder and dissassemble the fader quite easily.

Symptom: Fader random/unresponsive. Pushing down on post would result in proper function
Hypthesis: Contacts inside the fader dirty and or/not pushing sufficient pressure on mechanism

Process
1. disassemble mixer and desolder fader
2. dissassemble fader by pending pins on bottom to remove top and bottom covers.  Note with a pen the orientation of everything
3. fader is easy to work on, no really small parts.   Cleaned the carbon contact with rubbing alchohol and slighly bent pins to make better contact
4. reverse order for assembly
5. everything working

Hello,

Sorry to contradict your words but one has to be very careful with alcohol on carbon taper with alcohol: if you did not brush strongly it may be OK but rubbing strongly may damage the carbon taper.

I would rather recommend the following 2 steps

1) Wipe off the taper top surface from dust with a compressed air duster like this

Make sure the blowing pipe does not touch the taper as the pipe may wearing off the taper.

2) clean the taper with a fader lube as:
- Deoxit Fader Lube

- Deoxit F5