pitch slider issue

Notifications
Clear all

pitch slider issue

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
i wasnt sure whether to make this thread in hardware or software as im not quite sure where the issue lies.
im a beginner dj who purchased the hercules jogvision controller. after initially using serato, i decided i didnt like it and switched over to traktor pro 2 which works much better for me.
however, i do have one issue. when i have a track playing at a different tempo than normal due to being autosynced with the master, any attempt to increase or decrease the speed using the pitch slider on the controler, causes the slider in the software to default to the position that the slider is positioned on the controller. this is problematic, because it causes a sudden change in tempo, when im just trying to increase or decrease the tempo slighty, or gradually.
is there anything i can do to stop the virtual slider in tracktor pro from defaulting to wherever the pitch slider is positioned on the controller when it is moved?

any help would be greatly appreciate.

thank you

fraser

Hello Fraser,

Welcome on the forum.
What you look for is a software takeover, a setting some people like and some other dislike, as you must move your hardware fader up to its software position to gain the control over the function your fader is supposed to control.

1) To activate the software takeover on the pitch fader in Traktor,
- load the DJControl Jogvision mapping,
- go in Traktor > Preferences > Controller Manager,
- in the Assignment Table, look for Tempo Adjust
- load the first Tempo Adjust, in Deck A, and, below "Device Mapping", and "Mapping Details", in the area "Fader / Knob", check the field "Soft Takeover"
- load the second Tempo Adjust, in Deck D, and, below "Device Mapping", and "Mapping Details", in the area "Fader / Knob", check the field "Soft Takeover"
- Close the preferences: the software takeover is activated. 

2) Please complete your profile in "My Space"> "My Profile" http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
  - In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Jogvision,
  - In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Traktor
  - In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, the version number of Traktor Scratch Pro.
If you do not complete this information, forum readers do not see your Dj gear & soft at first sight, which means most will not read your message.