Notifications
Clear all

mk4 - sound an volume-probs when fading

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello there,

im using the mk4-console with virtual dh on my hp notebook (windows vista) for a long time now.

a few days ago the following situation happened:
when fading songs slowly from deck 1 to deck 2 it makes an scratching sound. allthough i move the control on the console slowly, the volume jumps up and down (from zero to loud) and so does the control-display in the software.
when i fade directly on my notebook the volume is okay.
so i can hardly fade smooth one track into another.
when i fade one track down it makes the scratching noise.

so is it

• a mechanical/hardware problem of the console?
  • a broken usb-cable or
  • settings in vdj?

for those who wonder why im still using vista: im running the notebook completely offline and make no updates. once the system was running i kept it this way. so there was no change in the system which could cause this problem.

any ideas?
thanx in advance...

Hello,

I met a close issue a few years ago on an old version of VirtualDJ when the sound was in DirectSound.

Can you
1) close VirtualDJ,
2) call the Mk4 Control panel and set the audio mode in ASIO

3) Run VirtualDJ and in Sound Setup, select Hercules DJ Console Mk4 ASIO as Sound Card.
and let me know if it solves or not your problem.

Also, as you have Windows Vista (I bought my first Macbook to avoid Windows Vista), I highly recommend you follow the optimization guidelines.

Topic starter

Thanx for the hints - I will test & try them as soon as possible and will report.
Lächelnd

Topic starter

Well, I tried to switch to ASIO.
When I open VDJ and choose ASIO Sound Card, I get an ASIO Driver Error-Message.

I updated the drivers but I still get this error

Hello,

Please please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJ Console Mk4,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, VirtualDJ,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of VirtualDJ (as you have a problem in VirtualDJ, you must describe this version of VirtualDJ you use: is it VirtualDJ Pro 6, VirtualDJ pro 7, VirtualDJ 6 DJC, and which release).

Topic starter

I added the informaition in my profile - i hope, those hep to help me 🙂
I tried to install the asio4all-driver but I still get this error

Hello,

1) VirtualDJ 7 error message "Error in ASIO Sound Driver"is normal when you start VirtualDJ 7.0.4, it is an error message one continuously meets with VirtualDJ 7.0.4, it is as irrelevant as the other error message "Error in the WDM Sound Driver".
What is important is not whether you get or not this irrelevant message, but whether, after going in the audio setup menu, and Applying, you get the proper sound in VirtualDJ 7.

2) If you have a VirtualDJ Pro license, you should update your VirtualDJ Pro version
- either with the last built of VirtualDJ 7 Pro, 7.4.7
- or with VirtualDJ 8 Pro,
as VirtualDJ 7.0.4 Pro is not perfect, and you will not get an irrelevant error message with these up to date built.