firmware hercules c...

Notifications
Clear all

firmware hercules console rmx please help me!!

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello friends consult them because i have exhausted all resources and can not believe that a failure of the firmware update computer unusable. 
first details of the system 
hercules dj console rmx 
64 bit windows 8.1 
core i7 2.79 ghz intecl 
6 mb ram 
i installed the latest drivers, probe the off button on the mic, with the left and right deck load. changing cable, in other pcs with other systems and in all cases the console is not recognized as an unknown device or only lights flashing. 
what led me to this was that i had installed the new drivers on the pc when i opened the virtual application hercules asked me firmware update and error shot several times i think it was something like tusb or something, try to restart it but when i did the console stay in this state does not work in any other pc. 
much appreciate your help because in argentina there is no official service brand. 
regards

Hello,

There is an issue occuring on some Intel USB 3.0 controller since Windows 8.1 update.
Can you check if the USB controller is an Intel USB 3.0 port?
If you have a Intel USB 3.0 chipset on this computer

a- If you also have access to another computer, which has not Windows 8.1 + USB 3.0 port, you should install the Rmx drivers on this computer, and, in connecting the Rmx on this computer, follow the firmware according to the process described here (I have not used the left & right deck load buttons you mention to flash Rmx firmware).
Then you should be able to use the Rmx on the computer with Windows 8.1 + USB 3 ports.
b-  if you cannot use another computer than the computer with Windows 8.1 + Intel USB 3.0 controller, a solution is to go in your motherboard bios, disable the USB xHCI mode (=USB 3.0 on Intel), and then flash the firmware of your DJ Console Rmx according to the same process as described here, and then, once the new firmware is flashed in Rmx (its version is 1.0.6.32, you can read it in DJConsole Rmx control panel, About tab), you can go back in in your computer motherboard bios, enable the USB xHCI mode, and it should still detect the Rmx.

Topic starter

Hi thanks for the help but I followed the steps in a notebook with windows xp usb 2.0 and installing the latest drivers and installing erasing the previous date but the console is not being detected and the flashing lights of any other ideas how to solve?

Hello,

Can you try to do the process described here on the computer with Windows XP and the lst drivers?

Topic starter
Hi thanks for the prompt reply. 
Yes, I did this procedure several times with the latest drivers installed and the console still undetected. When I connect the mic button on / off down does absolutely nothing.

Hello,

Can you confirm you have done as mentionned?

Click on Start/Run and enter the following command (including quotes)
C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" –manual

Topic starter

Hello! Yes, I did that, and all fields grayed out.

Hello,

It is logical you have fields grey out, and then, can you do as explained in the flashing pocess guidelines here on page 4-5 ?
- check the checkbox flash for firmware audio
- Click the Open Audio button, then browse for the RMX TUSB (RMX_TSUB.dja) firmware and click Open
- Clik on the Update! button.
and follow the process described on pages 4-5-6.

Topic starter

Hi sorry for the delay in response. Following this procedure fails to find the solution to my problem. Maybe I find this to be different. In the task manager of this link where it says you have to finish it only appears as

hdjseriesCPL I process my pc I have processes: HDJSERIES2Traybar.exe, herculesdjcontrolmp3. exe and hdjSeries2cpl.exe (In I'm testing now has windows xp, I think it is simpler than the controller works.) it will be the problem, I will not be installing the correct driver ?. I would appreciate your help. Sorry for my bad English.

Topic starter

Someone help me?

Hello,

I agree using a PC in Windows XP is probably a good idea, you should also use a USB hub which has a power adapter if you have one (connect the power adapter to your power outlet, connect your computer USB port to the USB hub, and connect the Rmx to the USB hub) as in case your USB port is not powered enough, the lack of power on the USB will make the firmware flashing fail.

For the rest, as you don't precise exactly what happens (you write "following this procedure fails to find the solution to my problem", but you don't precise which message you get or don't get), I don't think we may help you efficiently on a forum: we don't see your computer while you follow the procedure, so we cannot know what happens.

I suggest you call Hercules tech support as it is the remaining solution when you cannot be helped on a forum, and I doubt the forum may help you efficiently as you don't describe precisely the messages you get or the issues you see at each step of the firmware flashing.

Topic starter

If anyone has the following problem:
Automatic Firmware Updater went wrong, since then RMX Console is only recognized as Unknown USB Device with Vendor Id 0451 and Product ID 3200, which is a Texas Instrument Chip, which is probably used inside.

Here is the solution, thanks to MaxDJack for his help.

A screwdriver and a EEPROM Programming Device is needed.  There is NO NEED to remove the sliders or knobs !!
You need to dismantle the console, by removing the 6 long screws on the upper side to the left and the right.
Then all the small black screws on the left and the right side.
Finally on the lower side some small black screws need to be removed and two silver ones
which are partly hidden by the feet of the console, which need to be removed, too.

Then remove the EEPROM, which is a HT24LC64.
To reflash it, you need the image file which you can get from MaxDJack or me.
Flash the binary data to the EEPROM and reinstall the EEPROM into its socket.

If you do not know what I am talking about, you better ask someone who has knowledge on electrical engineering.

Topic starter

Hello

I have dismantled my dj console RMX to access the eeprom.
can you send me the .bin file please ?

Hi,
The bin file was sent to you last week week, check your email.

Topic starter

Hi, I have the same problem... could you please send me the image file? Thanks!! 🙂