rmx 2 source imputs

Notifications
Clear all

rmx 2 source imputs

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just got the rmx 2 and was wondering since it is powered, can i run a line in  (ipod) into the rmx 2 and continue to play music in the event of a reboot?  is this what the source buttons are for?

thanks 

Topic starter

Yes, you can attach an iPod to the Input and yes the source button is to open the chanel so the sound could come out of it.

Actually, the the Rmx2 is not a stand alone mixer but a USB audio interface. If your computer is rebooting or shut down, you will not be able to hear a source connected to the Rmx2 input.

The Source buttons will only allow switching between internal or external playback if they are assigned as such within a software. They have no direct hardware link to the audio interface.

Topic starter

So here is the ten million dollar question: What software control allows you to activate the source buttons on this device? The manual is a pile of crap in that it simply shows hooking up a turntable and\or a CD player but has no information whatsoever on how to make them work through my system - I have tried everything and must say I am very disappointed that I don't have a hardware backup if my VDJ locks up. Yeah I get that when the computer is off the inputs don't work but I should be able to kill a locked up VDJ without re-booting using a three finge salute (done it a few times already with this glitchy console...)
VDJ works perfectly in software only mode - I still get issues with lock-up every once and a while using the RMX2.

Now I need a three channel mixer besides the RMX2 toy because it is just that  - a toy! The should take the words professional off the box IMHO

Any help getting sound from a source plugged into the back of this thing would be awesome...

Topic starter

I'm beginning to think I have a faulty unit

https://picasaweb.google.com/101466465643939737377/Dj#5840234791853558098

See the above link - that is all the manual shows for hooking up source devices with no explanation of stand alone capability or not....

my rig so far: https://picasaweb.google.com/101466465643939737377/Dj#5839510510290595074
https://picasaweb.google.com/101466465643939737377/Dj#5839509912204810882

Keep in mind that unlike a hardware mixer, you also have to deal with the software level when using a USB audio interface. Even if you've made a appropriate connections to the back of the unit, how is the software suppose to know exactly what you want to do?

In the case of Virtual DJ, the source buttons will only be active if Line-INs is selected for Inputs in the Audio Configuration:

Once done, when pressing the Source button, you should see the Deck status change to LineIn:

As for obtaining the best performances from the Rmx2:

Topic starter

Many thanks - will try this out when I get home. I did find the performance tips info and have been playing with settings for a while but...

After I posted I did give the djuiced software a shot and got only one source button to work with a similar setup. Left side would not play nice. Djuiced not really good as I need video. Will keep trying but I may chalk this one up to experience and go with software VDJ and a hard mixer setup since I need reliability more than bells and whistles. Will give it a few more weeks though.