key changes and key...

Notifications
Clear all

key changes and key notation

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys, i am new to this so please bear with me! i only recently started using djuced 40 with control air. i used mixxx before that. what i cant find in the interface is a way to change the key notation form cameloit to traditional notation, but especially: 

how do i change key in a track? in mixxx i could lock either pitch or keay and change them independently, there must be a way of doing in djuced but i cant find it!

there it is. have a laugh, then please tell me how to do it!

drzed

Hello DrZed,
1) For key notation, if you use Djuced 40.3.6.10, go to Settings > General, and choose Tonality Notation between:
Standard and Open Key:
In Open key, for example a key is
- 4D (D=Major) = A Major
- 8m (m = minor) = d minor
Open key is not Camelot but is very close : to read an Open Key notation into a Camelot notation:
- D in Open Key = B in Camelot
- m in Open Key = A in Camelot
so that what you write 4D in Open Key notation becomes 4B in Camelot, and what you write 8m in Open Key becomes 8A in Camelot.
2) To change the pitch without changing the key, you must activate the keylock:
- Display Djuced 40 in 2-deck
- check the keylock box over the pitch fader (when it becomes blue, the keylock is enabled)
3) To change the key, turn the Key knob in the central mixer area (the virtual rotary button between Gain and Filter).
Topic starter

Thanks guys, just what I needed!

Topic starter

OK, I'm getting htere. So I have managed to change the key by clicking on the word Key and highlighting it then turningh the key knob. I can hear the change, but I can't see anywhere what the new key is, the diplay by the waveforms only telling me the original key. Is this a glitch or is the new key not recognised? Or am I REALLY missing somethiung crucial?

Hello DrZed,
Indeed, in DJUCED 40 3.6.10, you cannot read your new key once you have changed the key up or down.
The key change will be displayed in next DJUCED 40 version: we are currently in beta stage.
Topic starter

hello
I just downloaded the new djuced 4.0.5 and i have a question, if i want to raise the song's bpm and as a result the pitch is raising, how can I save the pitch from a certain raised point? the problem is that everytime i change the bpm the pitch is going up and down with the bpm, and i want it to be constant. for example, if i have a song 120 bpm, i raise it to 125 bpm and changing the pitch, and i want to *keep* that pitch and to go back to the original tempo of the song. is tht possible? because in the previous version (djuced 40) that I had it was possible-there was a "lock" button next to the pitchfader. please help if you can 🙂 Thanks!