Notifications
Clear all

freezing up

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello music team, i use the dj hercules air. works pretty good, except sometimes it will freeze for 10 seconds to probably 30 seconds, and sometimes it wont. i dont want to be at the end of a song and it freezes and i have to wait for it to come back to life. i have downloaded the software the first time and i had a used mixer etc. well i thought it was faulty so i purchased another one, brand new with the software, it still may do it from time to time. what do you guys think.

dj o

Please provide the following information:

- Your computer's specifications (Processor, memory, operating system, etc);

- The dj software you use;

- Beside the dj software, do you usually have other applications running while mixing ?

Topic starter

Hello DJ Phatso,
I'm unsure of the processor and things like that, but I did down losd the disc that came with the DJAIR control mixer. It works pretty good now but i noticed that it will freeze up for 5-10 seconds here and there. Is there another software that is better. I do know others that use another software that they down loaded from the internet, I started to try it but I didnot want to make something sorta alright to worse.

Topic starter

DJ Phatso,
I also shut down any internet connections, blue tooth and all.

Try the recommandations of the following guides and see if it helps:

Topic starter

DJ Phatso, remember you asked me what type of laptop I was using? Its a hp2000 with windows 8 notebook. The Hercules mixer seems to get just a tad bit better the more I use it, still has a quick, fast glitch here and there but not bad, just wanting to make sure it won't freeze up when I'm in the middle of a party, What do you think

There are 28 models in the HP 2000 series. Could you be a little more specific abbout the exact model ?

If you are not sure how to do this, use these intructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-2b00-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/document/c00033108/

Also, did you try applying the recommendatios of the optimization guides mentionned previously ?