hercules rmx (steel...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx (steel) vs virtualdj v8

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

a week ago, i upgraded virtual dj v7 to v8, and now i´m searching for a mapping for my hercules rmx steel.
i managed to program my gain knob on the rmx to the filter function, but it seams i can´t  program for example my knobs 1 and 4 for loop/in en loop/out. ( 2 and 5 and 3 and 6)
anyone an suggestion , please ....

First off, do you own the DJ Console Rmx or the DJ Control Steel, which are two different products?

Secondly, did you upgrade from VDJ 7 Pro to VDJ 8 Pro ?

If so, then you shouldn't have to "search" for your mapping as VDJ Pro natively supports both controllers, meaning that it should be automatically detected by the software and the appropriate mapping will be loaded by default. You should see this under Settings > Controllers.

Topic starter

Thnx for your reaction, and indeed I've the DJ Console RMX with VDJ 8 PRO.
And the software detects autmatically the mapping for my RMX.
There's one thing in the software (I've also dropped this issue in the forum of VDJ) ...
The buttons 1 and 4 on my RMX I've mapped for loop_in and loop_out.
In VDJ7 I could use the buttons 2,5 en 3,6 for another 4 effects and it was very symple to map the buttons to any effect.
In VDJ8 it seams that you could only map 3 effect because there are 3 slots under the effects.......
I realise this is probably an issue for VDJ but if you have any suggestion ....

Greatings,
Fred  (FreddyB)

https://www.mixcloud.com/FreddyB/

Hello,

You are right, VD8 shows 3 effect slots per deck, but you can map anything on DJ Console Rmx buttons 1 to 6.

For example:
Button 1  loop_in
Button 2  loop_roll_mode
Button 3  effect_active 2
Button 4  loop_out
Button 5  effect_active 1
Button 6  effect_active 3

With this mapping, you have
Loop In / Loop Out on buttons 1 / 4
Loop Roll on button 2
Effects 1, 2 and 3 on buttons 5, 3 and 6