Clear all

deadly buzz noise / dj control air / traktor 2

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey

so i have a little problem.

when i plug my monitors (3.5mm jack) into my dj control air, i get a deadly buzzing noise.

but when i unplug my monitors from my control air and put them back into my computer the buzzing stops.

this buzzing niose is killer, and i am affraid for my monitors as ive just purchased them.

now i have seen another thread on this forum and this person had the exact same problem as me.

only difference being that this person was using djuiced, where as i run on traktor pro 2.

the problem was solved, but it was solved using different settings on djuiced that i cannot seem to find on traktor.

here is the other thread : http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-software/013036/?start=0

please can somebody help me? or give me any advice / idea on what the problem could be? or how to solve it?

its come to the point now where it cant go on any longer because im affraid that my monitors will blow out or pop.

please can someone help.

thanks

jordan

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this problem.

With simply the console connected to the computer, without any software running, you connect a pair of headphone to the main output of the console, do you get this same noise ?

If you do, then it could be a hardware problem with this connector and a replacement sound be in order.

If however you don't get the noise, trying using iTunes or any standard music software and play a song through the DJ AIR. Then if you still don't notice the problem, try with Traktor.

So let's say everything worked so far, then we might be faced with a potential gournd loop issue:

Try connecting both computer and speakers to the same power outlet on the wall (if this is not already the case).  If you have a laptop, disconnect the power supply to see if the hum/buzz disappears.

Topic starter

Thank you very much for replying. It means a great deal.

I tried putting my headphones into my Dj Air and the buzzing stops.

But My speaker set up is a little weird tho because my Monitors are USB.

I have a power cable (plug/socket) and a usb, which goes straight into my PC and i have sound. But for my controller i had to buy a few adaptors.

Could that be the case? Or is there a setting in traktor that i could change to make it stop?

Seems like you left out some important details in our original description of the problem.

What is the brand/model of the speakers ?

How and using what adapters is the connection made between the Rmx2 and the speakers?

Topic starter

Well my monitors are the 'Alesis M1 Active 520 Usbs' Which go into my Dj Control Air.

I have a phono lead going form both speakers into a Jack connector, which then has a Jack to jack lead going from that into my Dj Control Air.

Confusing i know :/ sorry if my english is bad

Given the USB is not connected to your speakers (It is not needed), I'm thinking your cabling might the cause of the problem.

EDIT: seems like I got confused with another post 🙁

You should simply use a direct male stereo mini jack to dual male 1/4" TR jack

Topic starter

I thought u had solved it for me then :/ because ithought that i didn't need the usb connected, and i don't ) but i still have this noise :/ with or without.
I think it's a setting, because i had the noise with my old speakers, which where simple, no connectors or anything. 

So I edited my previous post to prevent possible confusion with other users regarding the cable needed.

Now getting back to your problem, let's resume just so everyting is clear up to this point:

- Using the DJ AIR with a pair of headphone connected to the back output (Mix), the audio is clear,  no matter is you are using iTunes, DJUCED or Traktor.

- As soon as you connect speakers (the new Alesis or your older ones) to the same output port, a buzzing sound appear, no matter if audio is playing or not. 

Is this correct so far ?

Topic starter

Correct 🙂 

Topic starter

So I edited my previous post to prevent possible confusion with other users regarding the cable needed.

Now getting back to your problem, let's resume just so everyting is clear up to this point:

- Using the DJ AIR with a pair of headphone connected to the back output (Mix), the audio is clear,  no matter is you are using iTunes, DJUCED or Traktor.

- As soon as you connect speakers (the new Alesis or your older ones) to the same output port, a buzzing sound appear, no matter if audio is playing or not. 

Is this correct so far ?

Any ideas? :/  

So let's say everything worked so far, then we might be faced with a potential gournd loop issue:

Try connecting both computer and speakers to the same power outlet on the wall (if this is not already the case).  If you have a laptop, disconnect the power supply to see if the hum/buzz disappears.

Was this looked into as well ?

Topic starter

Tank you for replying 🙂

And i have looked into this :/

Previously my computer and my monitors where plugged into a multi socket which was then plugged into my wall.
Now i have just my monitors and my computer plugged into the wall and i stil have the buzz :/

Im almost certain it's some type of setting :/ like something isn't turned on/off or mapped properly.

I don't know, im just throwing you ideas to see if it can help because i have no idea of how to sort it.  

Topic starter

This guys make the hardware and then when they got a issue they just dont give a shit,i have buy a hercules instinct and im a producer and djing for 13 years ago...

AND I GOT that stupid buzz...i buy this controller just to have some fun beofre the gigs with my tracks,and I CANNOT...

I got the hercules sending to a m-audiio 410 firewire,and yamaha hs50,and i cannot use the soundcard of the hercules beacouse i got a big BUZZ,and i try another controllers and they not du this...

SO will be the last time that im gonna buy anything from hercules...

you dont give suport,and put this thing on the market just to make money...

i dont know if im gonna be good in my words when someone gonna ask me opinion about your stuff

JUST FIX THIS...and i du not hope you get rich with our money,NEVER MORE

Let's take a few steps back calmly if you will.

So you've contacted Technical Support regarding your problem? If so, what was their response ?

Did you go through a few troubleshooting tests (checking cables and potential ground loop, etc) on your own before assuming that the problem is with the DJControl Instinct ?

Any particular reason why you are sending the signal from one audio interface into another?  Are they both connected to the same computer ?

Topic starter

Hi,

I've recently bought a Hercules Universal DJ Controller and I'm getting this buzzing when there is no music playing. I've searched everywhere for a solution thinking it could be solved. However I'm thinking if the previous message was posted in 2013 they still haven't solved the problem. 

I've tried a Ground-loop box, I've even tried converting the sound from analogue to Bluetooth and ToSLink, but still the buzzing comes through my speakers. The only solution I have found is to direct the sound through my PC sound card. However this creates a Latency problem so bad I don't expect a setting to be able to change.

Hearing that this is a "Common" problem with "Hercules" products. That still hasn't been resolved. I'm seriously considering scrapping this machine and putting it down to inexperience.

Hi B@zil,

1) 100% of USB bus powered audio devices may have audio buzz due to the way the USB bus is powered.
I will not want to stir any controversy on the previous message you mention, but Orbits
- gave no information on his computer or his USB connection, 
- did not contact Hercules technical support, https://support.hercules.com
- did not answer to Phatso message,
so if a user does nothing to solve the problem, the problem cannot be solved. 

2) Instead of wasting time on Orbits problem, let's solve your problem:

a) Please check if the buzz comes from a noise from the computer power supply:
- if your computer is a laptop, please remove the power adapter from the laptop, ans switch on the computer on its battery
- when your computer operates on battery, do you hear this buzz?
If you still hear the buzz, the buzz is not caused by the computer power supply, so go to b).
If you no longer hear the buzz, then the buzz was caused by the power supply noise transfered by the USB bus power supply and the solution is 
- either to place a USB hub which has a power adapter between the computer and the USB audio interface, to cut the noise sent by the power supply
- or to use a less noisy power supply on the computer.

b) If you still hear the buzz when the computer operates on battery, then the buzz may be caused by the computer USB power settings.
- Right click on Windows Start logo > Device Manager
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026149/windows-open-device-manager
- Go the Universal Serial Bus Controllers

- Click on > at the begining of the line to expand this paragrah
- Look at the first line with hub (USB root hub, USB generic hub....)
- Right click on this first line, select Properties
- Go to Power management tab
- Uncheck the field "All the computer to turn off the device to save power"

- Repeat the same operation on all the lines with the name Hub.

Topic starter

Hi, Thank you for the suggestion, but still the Buzz persists.

Hello,

Please answer to technical questions as only the technical information you provide may help knowing where your problem comes from.

1) Do you hear the buzz only in speakers or also in the headphones ?

2) What is the complete name of your speakers : brand and reference?
On which input(s) are they connected to your DJ controller Master output?

3) Do you hear the buzz if you disconnect the power adaptor from your laptop?

Topic starter

Hi,

Thank you, I appreciate your help. 

At the moment it's plugged into a USB Wall Charger (PortaPow Crystal, Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz 0.4A, Output: 5V DC 4200mA.21W (Max) and in the iPod Fast 2.1A port and linked to my iPhone 8 by Bluetooth. When I plug headphones into the back instead of my speakers. (The Buzz Persists).

I believe I have isolated the unit from all other possible contributing factors by using this setup. Therefore identifying the unit to be at fault.

I would have preferred the PC to Soundbar Configuration:-

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60GHz, 

Installed RAM: 4.00GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-bassed processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1803

OS build: 17134.523

Samsung Soundbar,

Model Number: HW-E450

Regardless of the setup, the Buzz is still there. I'm thinking my next step should be to contact Customer Service. However the effort I'm going to has quashed any love I first felt at the time of their arrival. 

Having some knowledge from my vinyl, analogue days. I have heard a Grounding fault before when setting them up and this is does sound like a Grounding fault.

Hello Bazil,

First, make sure you follow the guidelines to set Windows for Djing.
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/blog/tech-tips/optimize-your-windows-computer-for-djing/

I am sorry if I repeat myself, but as I do not see what you use the USB wall charger for, I need to understand precisely what is connected to do a real test..

Have you tried the following setup?
- unplug the power supply of the HP Pavilion DV6 notebook: the computer must operates on its battery,
- plug the Soundbar HW-E450 to the power AC wall,
- Connect Universal DJ to the computer via its USB cable, set Hercules Universal DJ in Laptop Mode,
- connect an audio cable from Universal DJ Mix Out (Master output) to HW-E450 sound bar Aux In,
 - connect the headphones (what is the brand & model of headphones) to Universal DJ headphones out on front.

A) Run Djuced, select Universal DJ ASIO as audio device in DJUCED> Settings> Audio, and play music
- 1) Do you hear buzz in the speakers?
- 2) If you hear buzz,
   a) do you hear buzz all the time,
   b) or only when you play music,
   c) or only when you pause the playback?

B) Close Djuced, run Windows Media Player, go in Tools > Options > Devices, select Universal DJ in the list of speakers, play a music
- 1) Do you hear buzz in the speakers?
- 2) If you hear buzz, 
   a) do you hear buzz all the time, 
   b) or only when you play music,
   c) or only when you pause the playback?
Page 1 / 2