Notifications
Clear all

other midi notes

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey again...

as im tring to configure resolume vj - 2.4 with hercules rmx, the sliders, knobs and jog - - works great and perfect.

but when im tring to configure: other notes (as button) - i have no succses.
everytime i get the massage - 1/1 (for any button)

i read somewhere - that there are 2 differnt button notes,
does anyone have an idea ?

thanks...

4 Answers

Hello,

It seems like Resolume was designed to work with MIDI keyboard that include sliders and knobs, and that send both MIDI notes and Control Changes (CC) , hence the two defined sections "Other Notes" and "Controllers"

The DJ Console Rmx however, sends CC for all knobs, sliders AND buttons. This is why you are getting the message "1/1" when pressing a button; the software is expecting another type of MIDI message and is not quite sure how to react.

I installed the BETA version of Resolume 3 , and it seems they have modified the MIDI mapping to use both Notes and CC for buttons. 

4 Answers
Topic starter

Hey DJ Phatso...

Thanks for your info & time to check it up.

I just download Resolume 3 beta, but I think I prefer 2.4, Becouse 3 changed the game totaly...
Hercules Rmx 3 sliders - just fit perfect with the 3 video layer resolume 2.4 offers. 

------------------
I do belive that Resolume 2.4 design to work with any kid of midi notes,
VJs work with that software all around with any kind of midi controlrer or notes. (its too universal to be limited)

I guess - my system is note responding from a reson...

Do you think I can use an external midi softwere just to configure that, outside resolume 2.4.

Thanks again...

4 Answers

There is nothing wrong with your system, or mine ( as I was getting the same results).

What you have to understand is that none of the Hercules DJ Console send MIDI note messages, so if a software only expect this type of messages for certain actions, it obviously won't work.

Some of the other DJ controllers on the market do sent MIDI note messages, so it wouldn't be a problem for them, but I would guess the makers of Resolume made changes to the way MIDI is handled in version 3 to actually be more compatible with all controllers.

In the mean time, their are ways you can make it work for you. Some softwares exist that will transform  MIDI message (in this case a CC into a Note) . The best is MIDI-OX (www.midiox.com), but like all MIDI related utility, it can get confusing.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Got it...
Thanks...

I guess, I will have to go with "MIdiox".

It is exactlly what I need.

thanks again...

4 Answers
Topic starter

hello,

it seems like resolume was designed to work with midi keyboard that include sliders and knobs, and that send both midi notes and control changes (cc) , hence the two defined sections "other notes" and "controllers"

the dj console rmx however, sends cc for all knobs, sliders and buttons. this is why you are getting the message "1/1" when pressing a button; the software is expecting another type of midi message and is not quite sure how to react.

i installed the beta version of resolume 3 , and it seems they have modified the midi mapping to use both notes and cc for buttons. 

Topic starter

hey dj phatso...

thanks for your info & time to check it up.

i just download resolume 3 beta, but i think i prefer 2.4, becouse 3 changed the game totaly...
hercules rmx 3 sliders - just fit perfect with the 3 video layer resolume 2.4 offers. 

------------------
i do belive that resolume 2.4 design to work with any kid of midi notes,
vjs work with that software all around with any kind of midi controlrer or notes. (its too universal to be limited)

i guess - my system is note responding from a reson...

do you think i can use an external midi softwere just to configure that, outside resolume 2.4.

thanks again...

Topic starter

there is nothing wrong with your system, or mine ( as i was getting the same results).

what you have to understand is that none of the hercules dj console send midi note messages, so if a software only expect this type of messages for certain actions, it obviously wont work.

some of the other dj controllers on the market do sent midi note messages, so it wouldnt be a problem for them, but i would guess the makers of resolume made changes to the way midi is handled in version 3 to actually be more compatible with all controllers.

in the mean time, their are ways you can make it work for you. some softwares exist that will transform  midi message (in this case a cc into a note) . the best is midi-ox (www.midiox.com), but like all midi related utility, it can get confusing.

Topic starter

got it...
thanks...

i guess, i will have to go with "midiox".

it is exactlly what i need.

thanks again...