Clear all

how do i use my hercules mk1 on my mac?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello folks!

i have a problem,
im trying to use my hercules mk1 dj console (this one) on my macbook (snow leopard), with either virtual dj pro or traktor pro 2.

i tried to use it on windows and it worked very well with virtual dj pro. all i had to do was upgrade the consoles firmware and then it automatically worked πŸ™‚

when i connect it to my macbook, lights turn on and off a few times (it does the exact same thing on windows) but when i start virtual dj or traktor nothing happens.

im sure my system recognize theres something connected because:
- i can control my mouse with that little joystick on the console
- if i check traktors preferences i can see my console there:

im a newbie in djs world and id be really glad if you could help me setting up my console.
i hope i told you everything clearly.

thank you very much guys.
mzzrry 

2 versions of the original DJ Console (Mk1) were produce because of the differences between Windows and OS X.

The PC version, which you seems to have, will indeed be seen as a soundcard under OS X, but the controller part cannot be recognized as a MIDI controller, and so will not be available for any DJ software.

Only the MAC version of the MK2 would work correctly.   

Topic starter

Thanks Phatso,
that's why it does not work.

And what if I want to use it on windows with Traktor pro 2?
It perfectly works with Virtual dj pro, but I do not know how to use it with traktor!
It does not detect it automatically like virtual dj does. 

thanks again πŸ™‚ 

In order to use the DJ Console with Traktor 2, you can download the MIDI profile for Traktor Pro/Duo available on the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=143&cid=5

Eventhough it was made for the previous version of Traktor, it will work. Simply follow the instructions of the included document (regarding version 1.2x).