asio error message ...

Notifications
Clear all

asio error message on hercules mk4

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i love music but im new to the midi controllers, music mixer thing.  i recently purchased the mk4 and after i installed everything, i got an "error in asio driver" message and continued getting the same message whenever i tried to open up virtual dj.  the problem with this message is that the virtual dj program will open up but it wouldnt play any track i dragged onto either deck.  after spending hours on the phone with hercules tech support, and uninstalling and reinstalling the hardware and software what seemed like a million times, i think i solved the problem.  at least i solved it in my system and i dont know if others will have the same problem that i figured out.  so here it goes.....................simple.....................i used a wireless mouse whenever i opened virtual dj and that was the issue. theres something about a wireless mouse that wont allow virtualdj to fully open when the usb has the connection for the wireless mouse. i havent had any issues with virtualdj ever since i figured that out and i hope i never see that same error message ever again. lol  good luck and i hope this is the answer for those people out there who experience that same problem.  your welcome hercules.

1 Answer

Hello,

Your should
- open your DJ Console Mk4 control panel,
- and set the DJ Console Mk4 audio mode in ASIO prior to starting VirtualDJ,
you won't get this error message. 

"Error in ASIO driver" is a very well known error message: it means the software looks for ASIO and doesn't detect the ASIO device, so you should set your audio mode into ASIO prior to strating the software. 
On the opposite 
"Error in DirectSOund  driver" is a very well known error message: it means the software looks for WDM-DirectSound and doesn't detect the WDM device, so you should set your audio mode into WDM prior to starting the software.

1 Answer
Topic starter

I've found that my Dj console Mk4 regularly gives me ASIO driver errors.. I have no idea why but what works for me is opening the sound settings of windows and setting whichever isnt currently the default audio device (speakers Hercules DJ console Mk4/ IDT High definition audio CODEC) to the default.. open virtual DJ again and it works. No clue why because sometimes i'm setting my laptops sound card as default.. sometimes the Mk4's.. doesnt seem to matter which its set at as long as i'm changing it from what it was originally set at... =/ weird (has nothing to do with setting the DJ console Mk4's audio mode to ASIO.. for me anyway) any thoughts?

1 Answer
Topic starter

hello,

your should
- open your dj console mk4 control panel,
- and set the dj console mk4 audio mode in asio prior to starting virtualdj,
you wont get this error message. 

"error in asio driver" is a very well known error message: it means the software looks for asio and doesnt detect the asio device, so you should set your audio mode into asio prior to strating the software. 
on the opposite 
"error in directsound  driver" is a very well known error message: it means the software looks for wdm-directsound and doesnt detect the wdm device, so you should set your audio mode into wdm prior to starting the software.