0 Likes
Topic starter

hi
i am having some difficutlies with my hercules dj console
my system:
windows xp sp3
1.5 gb ram
1.80 ghz laptop
i have not used my dj console for about a month, everything use to work in order. about a week ago i bought a midi keyboard,  installed it, then connectd my hercules everything seem fine only that in my hercules panel i could not move the volume faders, therefore it seem the sound card was not working. eventhough i use an external mixer thus my sound comes out of the external mixer, in asio mode everything seems to be working fine, but when switching to normal mode no sound 🙁
so i downloaded the new driver pack, closed the anti-virus, changed usb and still the same problem. the installation is going smoothly until the last bit hercules dj console, still goes on and says that installation was successful, but however i can still see in the background the window "found new hardware", and in my device manager with ! sign that the drivers are not installed. even when i put recommended option does not find anything, in advance, i locate the drivers location in program files and still nothing. ive had the dj console for a while and have installed several times the drivers and everything was always fine.  bizarrely, it just does not want to recognized it as a sound card. i even uninstalled the midi keyboard and hercules drivers, rebooted, and installed hercules drivers and still the same. any suggestion would be truly appreciate it, thank you in advance.

7 Answers

In Device Manager, which of the console devices have been installed ?

You can use this document as a reference (they are the same as for the MK2):

7 Answers
Topic starter

In Hercules DJ Devices: Hercules DJ Console ASIO
In Sound, video etc.. : Hercules DJ Console Bulk, Hercules DJ console MIDI,
the 1 missing USB audio device
and in device manager i have in  "other devices": Hercules DJ Console

7 Answers

and if you right-click on the problematic one (Hercules DJ Console), select Uninstall, and then do a scan for new hardware, letting windows install the driver automatically, what happens ?  

7 Answers
Topic starter

When i right-clicked and uninstalled then clicked "scan for hardware changes", a found new hardware popped up, clicked recommended, it scanned it for about a second and said "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software". Clicked advance, went to driver's folder in program files, still nothing, went " don't search. i will choose the driver to install", selected Hercules DJ devices, in the next step in the box it says (unable to find any drivers for this device).

7 Answers

The Hercules driver folder doesn't actually contain any specific drivers for the USB audio device, as it uses standard Windows drivers.

Can you try directing the installer to C:\WINDOWS\system32 instead ?

If this doesn't work, I have a feeling some files might be missing (maybe removed by the MIDI keyboard installer??).  

Make a search on your system for the following files:

- USBAUDIO.sys
- wdmaud.dvr
- ksuser.dll
- stream.sys
- portcls.sys

If these files are missing, try having the installer search on your Windows installation CD. 

7 Answers
Topic starter

sorry for takin a while to get bak to u, been out of the country, well i searched for the files u mentioned and i could not find USBAUDIO nor wdmaud in my system, and unfortunately cant located my xp CD.

7 Answers

When you made the search, did you make sure also search in Hidden folders ( in the Advanced search options)?

If these files are indeed not present on your computer, there is no way Windows will be able to install USB audio devices  

7 Answers
Topic starter

in device manager, which of the console devices have been installed ?

you can use this document as a reference (they are the same as for the mk2):

Topic starter

in hercules dj devices: hercules dj console asio
in sound, video etc.. : hercules dj console bulk, hercules dj console midi,
the 1 missing usb audio device
and in device manager i have in  "other devices": hercules dj console

Topic starter

and if you right-click on the problematic one (hercules dj console), select uninstall, and then do a scan for new hardware, letting windows install the driver automatically, what happens ?  

Topic starter

when i right-clicked and uninstalled then clicked "scan for hardware changes", a found new hardware popped up, clicked recommended, it scanned it for about a second and said "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software". clicked advance, went to drivers folder in program files, still nothing, went " dont search. i will choose the driver to install", selected hercules dj devices, in the next step in the box it says (unable to find any drivers for this device).

Topic starter

the hercules driver folder doesnt actually contain any specific drivers for the usb audio device, as it uses standard windows drivers.

can you try directing the installer to c:windowssystem32 instead ?

if this doesnt work, i have a feeling some files might be missing (maybe removed by the midi keyboard installer??).  

make a search on your system for the following files:

- usbaudio.sys
- wdmaud.dvr
- ksuser.dll
- stream.sys
- portcls.sys

if these files are missing, try having the installer search on your windows installation cd. 

Topic starter

sorry for takin a while to get bak to u, been out of the country, well i searched for the files u mentioned and i could not find usbaudio nor wdmaud in my system, and unfortunately cant located my xp cd.

Topic starter

when you made the search, did you make sure also search in hidden folders ( in the advanced search options)?

if these files are indeed not present on your computer, there is no way windows will be able to install usb audio devices