Notifications
Clear all

dj control mp3 and deckadance 1.5

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey all -

a relative of mine has the dj control mp3 (pc/windows xp) and were trying to set it up with the latest version of deckadance (1.5). everything works great with the exception of the controllers leds.

now, per image-line, the controller is fully supported and the leds should work but in the setup menu, all i see under midi output is the ms gs wavetable synth  - nothing along the lines for midi out for the controller itself. further research has revealed that the pc version of the dj control mp3 uses directinput for midi out so perhaps that is why i dont see an entry.

so, i was wondering if anyone has used any version of deckadance from 1.3 up to the current release and has successfully gotten the leds to work. unfortunately, image line wont offer any support unless you first purchase a license. this makes for a bit of a chicken and egg problem as i do want to purchase a license but after confirming that all of the controllers functions work.

thanx in advance.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Hello sedohr,

The DJ control MP3 has no MIDI out on windows that is why you don't see it in the MIDI out devices and you are not able to control the LEDS.

Please note that the MIDI out on the DJ Control MP3 is only available on Mac OSX.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks Iasic but I've already pointed that out myself when I mentioned that the DJC MP3 uses DirectInput.

I guess what I am truly asking is if there is anyone here who uses or has tried out Deckadance with a DJC MP3 and has had working LEDS since Image Line claims that it works (but won't tell you how to make it work unless you buy it).

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello sedohr,

the dj control mp3 has no midi out on windows that is why you dont see it in the midi out devices and you are not able to control the leds.

please note that the midi out on the dj control mp3 is only available on mac osx.

Topic starter

thanks iasic but ive already pointed that out myself when i mentioned that the djc mp3 uses directinput.

i guess what i am truly asking is if there is anyone here who uses or has tried out deckadance with a djc mp3 and has had working leds since image line claims that it works (but wont tell you how to make it work unless you buy it).