Wired headphones are generally recommended for DJing since wired headphones have no latency, while most bluetooth headphones have a latency which can disturb the DeeJay operations.
Bluetooth speakers can be used in DJing to play the music for the audience : bluetooth latency is not disturbing for the audience.
Here is a process on Mac OS to use - a bluetooth speaker for the audience, - and wired headphones for the DeeJay preview.
1) Connect the bluetooth speaker to the Mac Go in Preference > Bluetooth and pair the Bluetooth speaker
2) If your audio interface control panel has a menu to set the headphones on the channel 1-2, set the headphones channel on 1-2.
3) Go in Utilities and run Audio MIDI Setup
4) In the Audio MIDI Setup, go to Window Audio devices, and create an aggregate device in clicking on the + button on bottom left
5) In the Aggregate device, add - first, the Bluetooth speaker - second, your audio interface device.
6) Click on Configure Speakers (bottom right of the window) and set: - Aggregate Device as Multichannel: Quadriphonic - Front: channel 1 and 2 - Rear : channel 3 and 4
7) In your DJ software, in the sound setup, set: - Sound Card: Aggregate Device - Outputs Master: Channel 1&2 Headphones: Channel 3&4
You can now - play your mix on the bluetooth speaker for the audience - preview your mix in your headphones.
Remark: you can 1) neither use the microphone connected to the audio interface, as the microphone input is not connected to the bluetooth speaker, 2) nor use the output 1-2 of your audio interface to play the mix on wired speakers: your master output is your bluetooth speaker, while the output 1-2 of your audio interface plays the preview.
Please keep in mind Facebook contests are not allowed in many countries around the world. We could only make it available for residents from USA, Canada (except Quebec), France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Luxembourg & Switzerland.
MixVibes team has released a video Plug In for Cross and CrossDJ 2.2.0 to mix video files.
This video plugin needs Cross or CrossDJ, to mix most type of video files whose codec is installed on the computer (.mov, .mp4, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .m4v, .mkv, .vob, .flv, .divx, .webm, .wmv).
CrossDJ 2.2.0 supports all current DJ controllers from Hercules - DJ Control Series: DJ Control MP3 e2, DJ Control Steel, DJControl Instinct, DJ Control Air, - DJ Console Series: DJ Console Mk4, DJ Console Rmx, DJConsole Rmx2, DJConsole 4-Mx, so with MixVibes video plugin + Cross, you can mix video with all current DJ controllers from Hercules.
Mixvibes video plug in for Cross DJ is sold for € 129 (VAT included) and operates both in Windows and in Mac OS.