hercules dj console...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console 4-mx mapping in virtual dj 7 pro

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello! i ve got hercules dj console 4-mix/ i dont understand 3 things in it while using virtual dj 7 pro.

1) how can i set 24 bits and 44800 hz for my hercules while i using virtual dj 7 pro. my hardware is strong enough and i can use it, but aotomaticly my settups changes to 16 bit 44000 hz when virtual dj is on...

2) how can i remap effects in virtual dj. for example i want shift - button 11 - to be a flanger?

3) how could i delete cues and re set them during my live perfomance on one track?

thanks for answers!

Topic starter

And also could you give information about EQ?? Could i change the cut parametrs in it??? Because when i got my lows down, i think it killing some mids also(((

Hello,

1) The audio is processed in 16-bit/44KHz in VirtualDJ 7 Pro software engine, that is why, as VirtualDJ 7 Pro can control DJ Console 4-Mx, it changes automatically the sampling to 16-bit 44.1KHz.
If you change the sound in DJ Console 4-Mx to 24-bit / 48KHz the audio will be resampled to 16-bit 44KHz anyway in VirtualDJ 7 Pro, so it will not improve the audio quality.

If you want to try, you can test in
- setting 4.1 sound card as sound card in VirtualDJ,
- closing VirtualDJ,
- setting the 4-Mx in ASIO 24-bit/48KHz
- starting VirtualDJ
- setting ASIO sound card as sound card in VirtualDJ, and choose Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx ASIO in the ASIO field
- and, in the mapper menu, keep Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx as Map.

2) To map for example Shift button 11 to be a flanger, load Hercules Hercules 4-Mx skin, set shift button on, and right click on the down arrow close to the button 11 to get the effect menu, and selected flanger.

3) How can you delete cues and re-set them on 1 track?

a) Setting a cue point (HotCue 1, 2, 3 or 4) on the track
If you have no cue points on your track, map a Hot Cue 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the button 1 to 12 of your 4-Mx, and push on the button hot Cue 1, 2, 3 or 4 at the position of the track where you want to place the cue point.

b) Reaching a cue point
Once you have set a cue point, while playingthe track, pushing on the Cue button goes to the last Cue point you have defined (hot Cue 1, 2, 3 or 4).

c) Moving a cue point
Once you have set a cue point, for example Hot Cue 4, if you want to move Hot Cue 4 in another position
- push once on the button 1 to 12 where you have mapped Hot Cue 4
- move to the position of the track where you want to place hit cue 4.
- stop the playback
- push on the Cue button (close from the play button).

d) Deleting a Cue point
If you want to delete a cue point without setting it in a new position, you must use the mouse and right click on the vertical bar (showing this cue point) in the waveform overview (the waveform showing the full track length), it calls a menu where you chose to delete or rename the cue point.

Hello,

I don't think VirtualDJ 7 Pro lets you change the EQ bands.

Topic starter

2) To map for example Shift button 11 to be a flanger, load Hercules Hercules 4-Mx skin, set shift button on, and right click on the down arrow close to the button 11 to get the effect menu, and selected flanger.

Hi Maxdjack,

I'm still a bit confused.  What do you mean by Hercules 4-MK Skin?  I'm running a registered VD7 Pro and I can't find any Hercules 4-MK skin......I see there are alot of RMX skins but no 4-MK skins.  Can you please provide further information or point me in the direction where I can download the 4-MX skin? 

Sorry, just new to this as I just received my 4-MK yesterday.

Thanks again. 

Hello,

I you had installed the VirtualDJ 4-Mx, you would have the 4-Mx skin.
If you have VDJ 7 Pro, you can also change the effect loaded on 4-Mx buttons 1 to 12 in keeping the button pushed down for a few seconds (as 15") and when you release it, VDJ 7 Pro diplays a menu where you can select the effect assigned to the button.