Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx stopped working with traktor pro

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey there,

i have been using my rmx with traktor pro  for at least 2 years now..its been pretty flawless and worked extremely well.

i am currently using windows 7.

today however, the strangest thing happened - i plugged the rmx into my netbook and although it was triggering the midi indicator as normal..it was not responding to actions on the rmx.

i checked the hercules dj series control panel, and verified asio, and all usual settings.

i thought it was a once off issue, exited traktor and fired it up again...still a problem. restarted my machine and still a problem.

i then reinstalled traktor and there were no changes..i reimported the original tsi file.......nothing..

i got a seperate usb cable, tried it and nothing...

i then decided to plug the rmx console into a separate laptop...and see if the issue persisted and the same problems were being experienced..

tried a third machine, and the same issues were prevalent.

i then installed the original copy of virtual dj to see if this could pick it up and it did...i was able to control virtual dj as per normal with my rmx console but not traktor.

i found this very strange that this could suddenly affect all 3 different machines that are running traktor..and unsure if this is a hardware or software issue.

can the good guys at hercules assist? hoping my unit is not faulty as i purchased it in the uk but am based in cape town, south africa a long way from support.

thanks for hearing me out.

matt

5 Answers

At first glance, If the Rmx worked with VDJ on a computer, it should still be working.

You should try the following procedure on your main computer:

If everything looks to be working there, then it means that the controller part of the Rmx is working, and should be as well in Traktor or any other software.

As for the ASIO driver, download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/ASIOTestSigGen.htm

before launching the application,be sure that the DJ Console is set to ASIO in the Control panel

Upon launching ASIOSinGen, configure as follow:

- Select ASIO driver:

Obviously choose the Console driver

- Select Device Output:

I would choose the headphone output (Output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to  to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

Once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. If you can hear the signal, then the ASIO driver is working correctly.

Again, if all this work, then the problem looks to be with Traktor.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Appreciate your assistance, OK everything works as per your tests - the controller seems to be working 100%

Its very strange that suddenly Traktor on all my computers decides to not pick up actions from my controller.. something must have triggered this..

OK, now for diagnosis on Traktor...what do you recommend? I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck...my midi light flashes when I perform actions on the controller but it does not move...

Here is a screen of my preferences:

5 Answers

Hello Listenupza,

Have you checked if your DJ Console Rmx is on MIDI channel 1?
It is displayed in  DJ Console Rmx control panel in Windows > Advanced tab >  in the MIDI channel field.
As the Traktor map is for MIDI channel 1, then you must set the Rmx on MIDI channel 1. 

5 Answers
Topic starter

OK - I am going to check this when back in the studio later.

To confirm..if I change the MIDI channel - will this change it on the actual device, impacting the use of plugging in the RMX with other computers? If so, that could go a long way to explaining the situation.. 

5 Answers
Topic starter

Problem solved. Hercules control panel was set to channel 2 , cant believe it.

Oh well,learnt some new info on this journey for a solution so some good came from this.

Cheers for the help,

Matt 

5 Answers
Topic starter

at first glance, if the rmx worked with vdj on a computer, it should still be working.

you should try the following procedure on your main computer:

if everything looks to be working there, then it means that the controller part of the rmx is working, and should be as well in traktor or any other software.

as for the asio driver, download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/asiotestsiggen.htm

before launching the application,be sure that the dj console is set to asio in the control panel

upon launching asiosingen, configure as follow:

- select asio driver:

obviously choose the console driver

- select device output:

i would choose the headphone output (output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to  to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. if you can hear the signal, then the asio driver is working correctly.

again, if all this work, then the problem looks to be with traktor.

Topic starter

appreciate your assistance, ok everything works as per your tests - the controller seems to be working 100%

its very strange that suddenly traktor on all my computers decides to not pick up actions from my controller.. something must have triggered this..

ok, now for diagnosis on traktor...what do you recommend? i have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck...my midi light flashes when i perform actions on the controller but it does not move...

here is a screen of my preferences:

Topic starter

hello listenupza,

have you checked if your dj console rmx is on midi channel 1?
it is displayed in  dj console rmx control panel in windows > advanced tab >  in the midi channel field.
as the traktor map is for midi channel 1, then you must set the rmx on midi channel 1. 

Topic starter

ok - i am going to check this when back in the studio later.

to confirm..if i change the midi channel - will this change it on the actual device, impacting the use of plugging in the rmx with other computers? if so, that could go a long way to explaining the situation.. 

Topic starter

problem solved. hercules control panel was set to channel 2 , cant believe it.

oh well,learnt some new info on this journey for a solution so some good came from this.

cheers for the help,

matt