250 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/10/08 an 20:30:46
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Just want to say A good hello to everyone. My name is James Bramble, my forum name here and in the VirtualDJ forum is Jimmy B.

Been using VirtualDJ and been on forum over there for well over a year now and enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully this one will turn out just as good.

Love all kinds music, but my favourite music and the one I play the most is House.

Right Peeps enough about me, now where is the party at.Smile

P.S. Any Moderater job's going around here, LOL

• MixVibes Forum Moderator and Beta Tester

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/11/08 an 18:05:47
USA
hello Jimmy, djPhilthy from the virtual dj boards.  How are you?  I understand you've been pretty helpful to some people with their rmx issues......    got the patience to help another newbie out?

Jimmy B

250 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/11/08 an 20:10:53
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®

Hi Philthy, I'm fine and dandy mate. I've seen you there. Sure mate I'll try and help a newbie, I don't know alot, but I know enough to get by on, LOL.

I owned a mk2 for a year or so (well I still do) so all my treaking and knowledge has come from that, and the RMX is quite similarly in some ways. If I have a problem I like to understand why and have a fiddle, because you don't learn otherwise. And if it all goes pear shaped, which it has in the past, there is always that famous Restore option in Windows, LOL

So fire away mate, please make it easy.

Smile

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/11/08 an 22:01:49
USA
ok I'll try to keep this as simple as i can while giving you all the relevant information.  I purchased a gateway p6860-fx at best buy last week, had vdj running perfectly on it.  Zero noticeable stutters or anything.  My RMX arrived wednesday, and I hooked it up and immediately started playing with it, plus I made the upgrade to vdj pro.  Well I'm noticing a few audio dropouts here and there (without much consistancy that I notice) and the second issue is say I'm playing a video on one deck,  when I press the 'load deck' for the opposite side, the video freezes for about a second.  The audio is of course my primary concern,  but I'd love to know what you think about both issues. 

Jimmy B

250 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/11/08 an 22:40:28
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Right mate, your first problem dropouts (hicups, I call them) that sounds like to me your latency is to low for your machine and the machine is stuggling to convert the signals it's getting. If you are not a scratch DJ, I'm not. then latency is not a big issue for you.

Try this in the VDJ sound setup. Set the preset slider to Fastest, and the Latency on Auto. If this don't work I've got another tweak, but try this first and get back to me.

The second problem I'll have to have a think about mate, as I've only had a short go with Video, but we'll have a play.

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/11/08 an 22:52:58
USA
I'll give the sound setup fix a try as soon as I can and let you know how it works. 

Jimmy B

250 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/12/08 an 11:04:29
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®
I've  been thinking about your video problem, and I see in the VirtualDJ forum that you have a Nvidia card, I have one aswell.

I know that some VirtualDJ user's have problems with Nvidia cards, it has something to do with the Hardware acceration option these cards have (the dev team are aware of this). I can't remember whether this option should be checked or un checked, try both and see what the results are.

Also your problem could be due to a ram memory issue (not enough). If you have 2048mb installed or above you should be fine, If you want to check go to this site www.crucial.com. Download there System Scanner tool and run it. It should tell you how much ram you have installed and suggestion on how to improve it.

One final in the on the Ram side, Go into the VirtualDJ config, then Option tab and if you haven't got Max Load set to Always, set it to it. It's something to do with loading all the data of the file up into the Ram memory ( or something like that, lol).

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/12/08 an 18:54:20
USA
tried what you said about the presets and auto latency...still gettting dropouts :(

Jimmy B

250 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/12/08 an 19:50:30
UK
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • VirtualDJ®
  • MixVibes Cross®
OK mate, here goes another tweak then. Open the RMX control Panel, go onto the Asio tab. You will see to dot's, WDM dot and Asio dot. Click on the centre of the Asio dot, this should then go clear (the WMD dot should go black). This puts the RMX is Asio mode, and allow you to change the setting. I've got

Sample Rate 44100Hz, Sample Size 16-bit, Asio Buffer Size 1056(23ms), (960 is default) so change to 1056 on the drop down. Leave the control panel open.

Launch VirtualDJ, on top of the RMX control Panel. Go to config, then Sound setup tab and set as follows

Inputs: None

Outputs: Headphones

Soundcard(s): Asio Driver (Asio Icon)

ASIO driver: Hercules DJ Console RMX ASIO

Uncheck Ultra-latency Asio.

Then OK and try.

All this puts the RMX and VirtualDJ in Asio mode, I found that this clears all the pops and hicups I get in WMD mode. Please give this a go

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/12/08 an 20:21:30
USA
Jimmy..I'm not sure where you mean when you say 'rmx control panel'.....if I go to sound setup I can selece Asio as my soundcard, but there are no dots when I select it.....?

Philthy

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/12/08 an 20:24:55
USA
select...not selece.  lol