Notifications
Clear all

dj console no drivers found

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey
just bought a hercules dj console, but the disc that came with it only had the drivers for windows 98, me, 200o and xp and im running windows 7 32 bit.
checked online to find win 7 drivers, found a few and installed,
the installer thinks everything gets installed fine, but my computer cant find/install the drivers for the controller.
the asio, bulk and  midi drivers work, and i can get audio to run through the device, but cant ge the control surface to work.

has anyone had this problem?
is there an update or something that i need to make it work?
thanks
jamie 

When you say you can't get the control surface to work, do you mean with the included Virtual DJ ?

Most likely this old version will not work under Win 7 , so you would need to use another software with your console.

Otherwise, be sure that DJ Console buttons is selected for MIDI in the DJ Control panel.

Topic starter

Hey
The control surface driver won't install, so the controller is really just a sound card at the moment,
The computer won't detect it as the console, only as a soundcard, so can't even get the included software to run.
If that makes sense?
when i say the surface doesn't work, i mean, it connects to the computer, everything flashes, then it gives up a few seconds later, i'm able to use it as a mouse, but not a controller.
During the installtion windows says "Device Driver Not Successfully Installed"
When i go to more info is says, Bulk, Midi, and Asio installed, but the it can't find the driver for the actual console.

Does this make more sense? 

Technically, if these 3 devices are installed correctly, then the entire console (soundcard and controller parts) should be working.

Take a  look at the following document to know if everything is indeed installed correctly (it was made for the DJ Console MK2, but it is basically the same thing):

If everything is fine, then you can test the controller part using this procedure:

As mentionned before, be sure that DJ Console buttons is selected for MIDI in the DJ Control panel.

Topic starter

Hey
Thanks, Managed to get the controller to work with Traktor, but had to teach it what each button did, but the computer still doesn't properly recognise the controller, everything seems to be installed, from what i can tell, but i can't run the VDJ software that it came with, and none of the lights work, they just flash when its plugged in, then turn off.

Is it jsut  a case of it being too old for my computer?
Is the console actually compatible with Win7?

As I said previously, the bundled version of VDJ, being v1.09 (they are now at v7) will most probably not work with Win 7.

As for the console, it is compatible since you managed to install and use it with Traktor. Btw, basic mappings are availalbe on the support site 

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=143&cid=5

As for the LEDs, indeed, they cannot be mapped in MIDI. This feature was implemented on later products (MK2 and forward).