hercules rmx on tra...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx on traktor 2 pro

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys, so im new to the djing world and just picked up my first midi which is the hercules rmx console after a lot of issues and struggle i got it all working perfectly on virtual dj....but that program sucks, i know enough about djing that it wont help me improve the way i want to so i want to get this working on traktor. ive been messing around with it quite a bit, followed a few tutorials and its not working out the way it should.

i have 3 different options pop up when i go into audio setup (none of which give me audio) and they are

option 1: asio4all - with this one my midi controllers actually do work, but i get no sound at all

option 2: hercules dj console rmx asio - this is what is supposed to be working but when i do this all faders on traktor disappear and it says please connect and select an audio device. and when i go into output routing there are no options to be selected at all

option 3: 2- hercules dj console rmx - this option as well does nothing, no sound, no midi controls

if anyone has any suggestions at all it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

also when i got the console the effects buttons worked great, where i would hold flanger down and use the right jog wheel to adjust the volume of the flanger...but for some reason now its not adjusting it at all, anyone know whats up with that? thanks again!

Hello,

1) In Traktor setup, you must not only select the active sound card in the audio setup, you must also set the 4-channel output in the output rounting. As long as you have not set the channels where you play the mix and the channels where you play the headphones preview, you have not set up the sound.

2) For Hercules Rmx ASIO driver, Traktor displays the menu "Not connected": you must set the DJ Console Rmx in ASIO in DJ Console Rmx control panel prior to starting Traktor.

3) For VirtualDJ flanger setting on the jog wheel not operating any more:
- please precise your version of VirtualDJ (don't write  the version in the box: we have not open your box, please precise the version number, as VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC Rmx) and of course your computer configuration (PC or Mac, which operating system, CPU, RAM)
- as the flanger setting is adjusted by 2 wheels (delay on left jog wheel, volume on right jog wheel), are you sure you have properly adjusted the delay? If you have set the delay to 0, you won't hear much the flanger volume. 

Topic starter

Thanks for your response.

1) I have set the 4 channel output routing, and with the Hercules RMX ASIO driver (which im assuming is the one i need to have properly work) there are no options for the output routing

2) and the option for the Hercules RMX ASIO driver is only available if i have set it ASIO. so yes ive done it prior to opening to traktor

3) and my version of VDJ is 6.1 guess i should update to version 7 and see if that works eh

Available on the support site is a MIDI mapping and PDF document explaining how to configure the Rmx with Traktor 2

Thanks for your response.

1) I have set the 4 channel output routing, and with the Hercules RMX ASIO driver (which im assuming is the one i need to have properly work) there are no options for the output routing

2) and the option for the Hercules RMX ASIO driver is only available if i have set it ASIO. so yes ive done it prior to opening to traktor

3) and my version of VDJ is 6.1 guess i should update to version 7 and see if that works eh

Hello Andrew,

1) As on the image 

/a> the DJ Console Rmx ASIO is written as not connected, it means it either the Rmx is not in ASIO mode (but in WDM mode), or the ASIO driver is already used by another software.
Enclosed are:
- 1 screenshot of the Rmx in ASIO in Traktor Pro 2, the Rmx was set in ASIO prior to starting Traktor Pro 2, and it doesn't display "not connected"
1 screenshot of the Rmx in WDM in Traktor Pro 2, the Rmx was set in WDM prior to starting Traktor Pro 2
- 1 screenshot of the output routing
In both ASIO and WDM-WASAPI mode, there was sound on the 4 output channels of the Rmx. 

2) If you have a VirtualDJ Pro license, you should try VirtualDJ 7.0.4 Pro, it is more powerful than VirtualDJ 6 Pro and you don't need to pay another licence, upgrading from VirtualDJ 6 Pro to VirtualDJ 7 Pro is free of charge. 

Topic starter

I also am trying to configure my RMX with traktor 2. However, how do I set up the output sound to go through the computer speakers as opposed to the RMX outputs?

The Rmx soundcard is always preferable as it will give you better performances than the onboard soundcard. However, under Preferences > Audio Setup > Built-In Soundcard, you can select your computer's soundcard or integrated speakers.